Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlarder Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2004, 09:44 AM
    Jlarder
    Am having problems with "System Restore" in Windows Xp Home Edition. Have tried shutting down systems restore also making new restore points to no avail.There is no spyware on the system. Would be pleased of any advice regarding above also of any other system which could take over from "Systems Restore" in the evenmt of not being able to restore the system back to normal

Many Thanks J.Larder
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 14, 2005, 12:13 PM
    System Restore
    Take a look at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_restore.htm and read the article very carefully,as it is a detailed report on how to enable and disable system restore points,via editing the registry.If you don't feel confident enough to alter the registry yourself,please,please,do not do so,as one tiny mistake could cause your PC to refuse to reboot.Remember,this method of usage is ONLY intended if you wish to alter the registry yourself,without using industry software!

Best wishes,
    Nez
    :)

Jan 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
    Systems Restore
    Thank you Nez for your help with the above. Think I will leave the registry alone I can boot up in Safe Mode and carry out the systems restore operation without any problem, so with my experience think I will leave things as they are. Once again thanks for your help and interest

J Larder
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 18, 2005, 10:42 AM
    FIx Utilities
    Fix it Utilities 5, the newest version, has recovery commander a nice little program that does a similar operation as system restore.

Jan 18, 2005, 11:03 AM
    System Restore
    Thank you Wendy for your information I have taken note of the programme however at the moment I find that I can use Sytems Restore as normal by using it in Safe Mode many thanks John Larder
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2005, 12:48 AM
    1 small addition
    If you use system restore option.

If your system has adware, spyware, a virus, trojan etc.

Then you will also save these and whenever you need to restore you will also restore all of these, so before you restore again.

Clean out your system thoroughly.

:rolleyes:

Jan 19, 2005, 07:05 AM
    Systems Restore
    Hello Wendy. Have already carried out your suggestions previously to no avail. However I can still use systems restore via safe mode so I am not too worried although I would like to kn ow the answer to the prtoblem.

Mant thanks for info. John Larder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search