Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjbeautyy_xo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Adoption?.
    Hi, I'm 13. I was thinking about, Adoption. I never get attention from my mother. My dad hardly ever visits me. And right now, I feel its good to leave. I have been thinking about this for a while.I have been looking for support myself. And before I make this choice I really want to know if this is a good idea. I'm so confused. With everything. And I'm not sure who I'am anymore. I cry myself to sleep and lock myself in my room in thee dark. And I also have thought about suicide.
    dericdomino Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

May 27, 2012, 11:23 PM
    Suicide is NEVER the answer. Just think about this for a moment - in just 5 years you will be 18 and able to go live anywhere in the world. If you feel you can't cope there anymore, try asking for help from an aunt or uncle or grandparent. Adoption is tough. Most people want to adopt babies. And foster parents might be an even worse situation than you're in now. Find things to do away from the house, like spending more time with friends.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 27, 2012, 11:49 PM
    Adoption is out of the question if your mother doesn't want to put you up for adoption. You can't just choose to be adopted. Also, if your mother did want to put you up you would be living in the foster care system until someone was found who wants to adopt a teenager. Most people want to adopt babies and don't want to, or can't, handle the baggage that comes along with adopting older children or teens.

Suicide is NOT the answer. Suicide is for cowards..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I need some help my baby's dad wants to give our son to an adoption he got full custody.can he just do that without my permission?cause I want to have my child back I am remarried again and my husband is in the army so we have all benefits to take care of my son.I don't want to agree in an...

What happens now with the adoption? [ 12 Answers ]

I wrote some time back about the birthfather getting a paternity test and what he could do after... well yesterday the results came back and HE is the father. Which I already knew! But my main concern now is... what will go on now? Will they judge him on his living conditions? His salary a year?...

Adoption - is there anything he can do? [ 3 Answers ]

One of my friends has a girl 6 months pregnant and he is wanting her to give the baby up for adoption. They are not married, just friends, they are both single. She tells him that she doesn't want to give it up for adoption. Is there anything he can do?

View more questions Search