Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fritzfanet Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
    110 v to 220v air conditioner
    I have an air-conditioner from US. It is: 3 horse power, window type and 110 volts. However, what we use normally here is 220 v. How can I use it?

Do I have to convert the airconditer from 110 to 220?

Use a transformer or regulator or something?

Please help.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 27, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzfanet View Post
    I have an air-conditioner from US. It is: 3 horse power, window type and 110 volts. However, what we use normally here is 220 v. How can I use it?
    Where is here?

Do I have to convert the airconditer from 110 to 220?
    Not the A/C, but the powr going to it.

Use a transformer or regulator or something?
    There are converters. They convert the voltage and the frequency (depending on your location). Both are important.
    I bet the one big enough for your application may not make this financially worth it.
    fritzfanet Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    Where is here?
    In the Philippines.

There are converters. They convert the voltage and the frequency (depending on your location). Both are important.
    I bet the one big enough for your application may not make this financially worth it.
    Actually, I'm selling this. I just want to have answers should the buyer asks me questions like this.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
    I would let the buyer worry about how they are going to use it.
    Just tell them it is made for the American market and they'll need to account for that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewire 110v air conditioner to 220v [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GE12k BTU air conditioner using 110v, and I have a prewired 220v air conditioner outlet available. So how can I rewire my air conditioner to use my 220v outlet?

Hooking a TV to 220v (black, Red, Green) (110, 110, Safety ground. [ 1 Answers ]

What will this do to the TV the fuses did not blow but the TV will not come on. Will the same result happen to a Micro-wave?

Cost effectiveness of using 220v vs 110v for an air conditioner [ 4 Answers ]

Is it much more cost effective to use 220v on a portable air conditioner for a small room vs using 110v:confused:

Cost effectiveness of using 220v vs 110v for an air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Is it much more cost effective to use 220v on a portable air conditioner for a small room vs using 110v:confused:

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

View more questions Search