Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayden123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 03:03 AM
    Am I allowed to undo power cables
    Can anyone tell if I am allowed to discornect a 240 volt power cable from a motor if its NOT plugged into a power point? I am NOT an electrician. I know I am not allowed to connect the wire to the motor, but am I in trouble with the electrical safety inspectors if I say I disconnected them.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 27, 2012, 03:26 AM
    Providing the feeder is de-energized, and Locked Out and Tagged Out by an electrician and you, and both you and the electrician confirm the feeder is de-energized, you will not violate any NFPA70E or OSHA codes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No power at all to my 90 civic, even with jumper cables attached. [ 8 Answers ]

My car ('90 civic) has been sitting for about a month now and I just fixed it but car suddenly died and now I have no power even with jumper cables attached.

Is more than one power source coming into a panel allowed? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a machine which requires both 480V and 110V for operation. Maintenance has been asked to bring both 480V and 110V into one panel rather than setting up a step down transformer. Is this safe or permissible?

The cables of my ac are torn by my dog how can I change the cables? [ 2 Answers ]

The cables of my ac are torn by my dog how can I change does electrical cables?

Adding on to the main house power cables [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... Can I add on to or extend the main cables in the house to install a dishwasher (the power box on the dishwasher is on the far side and the main house (hot, black, ground) wires don't reach.. Thanks ~ Janet

Wiring a ceiling fan with two cables in power box [ 12 Answers ]

I'm attempting to wire a fan where a light fixture used to be. There are two cable in the power box. Cable one has black, white, and ground. Cable two has black, white, red, and ground. I assume the one with the red goes to the light switch and the other cable continues to other sources...

View more questions Search