Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadia4589 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
    Smoke coming out of iMac, now it works fine, something I should worry about?
    So today I turned on my iMac, and smoke started coming out of it so immediately I turned it off, after five minutes I turned it back on and now it is working fine, is this something I should be worried about? What could have caused it and is there a way to prevent?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Sounds like you got a dust bunny and had a burnt sacrifice in power supply. You should have it checked out there is a chance that there is still conbustable matererals there to burn ot that the burn caused some damage.
    mikeyedi Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 02:07 PM
    I agree buy a can of compressed air and clean it out I have and old iMac g3 and had a similar problem .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer Help: Dryer works fine and turns on fine but will stop heating after 1-2 minute [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a Frigidaire Electric Dryer Model GLEQ215ESO. My dryer had a bad bearing and heating coil so I replace it about 6 months ago. It was working perfect up until a week ago when my cloth wasn't drying. I took a look at it and it seems to work fine for the first 2 minutes of use and then...

Smoke coming into room [ 0 Answers ]

Wehadourchimney cleaned. But even before that we were getting smoke into room. We have checked for cracks and rescaled the insert area around our fireplace. Before I buy a new insert I am checking that it may be a different problem

Honda ht 3813 runs fine for about 5 minutes and starts to smoke any input? [ 1 Answers ]

Motor runs fine for about 5 minutes and then it starts to smoke , what could it be??

Loud noise coming dryer.works fine though [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very loud sound coming from a dryer I just bought second hand... it works fine but the noise is overwhelming... does anyone know what this might be and how I can fix it?

Reset works fine, but... [ 5 Answers ]

This Kenmore dishwasher, model 1376, works great and very quiet also. ... and then it stopped working. I suspect I might have placed something in there that blocked the spray arms. What worries me is that there wasn't/isn't any blinking light to indicate "fault" has been detected. Hope I didn't...

View more questions Search