Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Essencemonaye Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 08:22 PM
    How to find a job in Michigan when you are a ex-con
    Hello Everyone. I have a friend that just got out of prison after serving a ten year Federal Prison term. He's currently in the halfway house and soon will be released to home confinement. I've been searching high and low to help him find employment. The only thing that we landed is McDonalds and Target. Do anyone know of a organization to help ex-cons find employment and health benefits? Thanks in advance.

-Essence
    essey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 07:05 PM
    American works
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
    To be honest about 3/4 of american workers would like a job with health benefits, So many firms just don't offer it any longer.

But just out of prison, ( did he do any of the job training in prison)
    Construction industry maybe
    essey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    To be honest about 3/4 of american workers would like a job with health benifits, So many firms just don't offer it any longer.

But just out of prison, ( did he do any of the job training in prison)
    construction industry maybe
    Hi I'm essencemonaye but couldn't get my login information... He took up welding.NO luck. Michigan is having a tought time right now and the fact that he does not have many skills is not making it better for him. I just give my prayers to the lord. Thanks a million... Blessing unto you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 6, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Hello essey:

McDonalds will get him out of the halfway house. After that time, he'll just have to spend ALL his free time seeking better employment. I know it's tough, but nothing works better than feet on the ground.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would like to find Biological dad -Flint Michigan area [ 9 Answers ]

I decided to see if anyone knows the best (free) way of finding my biological father. I was conceived near Flint Michigan by a man named Daniel Gordon. This was in 1981 and he was between the ages of 20-23. My mom and him dated briefly until he left her for another woman. Supposedly he went off...

Find a job in the FS field [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I need some help -> I am pursuing a degree in FS and would like to find a job in the FS field before I have to complete the required internship when I graduate... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

How to find contractor to serve court papers in Michigan [ 10 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I have been in a dispute with this roofing contractor for two years now. I really regret not taking him to court when I knew where he lived. He has since moved. I reported him to the state for bad workmanship. They don't seem to have trouble sending him mail at his new address. I filed...

How do I find a great new job [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this website and I am fresh out of ideas as far as the job market or marketing myself properly is concerned. I am also having an extremely hard time figuring out what I actually would like to do. I have an awesome job with benefits as a recruiter/temp laborer provider/asst....

I can't find a tech job. I need help. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 26 year old professional in the IT field. I was recently laid off from a company that is going out of business. I have been out of work for a few months now. I have tried everything; Resume professionaly done, job fairs, contacted consultants, signed up for every career finder website...

View more questions Search