Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BarleyBo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
    "Twitching" dog that has been vomiting
    My dog was throwing up water and saliva this morning for about 2-3 hours. I took his water away and gave it back to him at a 1/2 cup per hour. However, he is finally able to fall asleep but he is convulsing while he lays down. Is this because of the vomiting?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Please get him to a VET! Emergency care clinic?
    BarleyBo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Convulsing was a strong word. He is very much alert and mobile. I have called a vet and was told it was muscle spasms because of the amount of times he had vomitted. I was just looking for a similar problem. When I say convulsions I simply mean that his muscles twitch every so often. His breathing is normal.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2012, 07:16 PM
    I changed the title of this thread so it doesn't sound so horrendous.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
    Than I would suggest to call a different vet.

If he is having muscle spasms due to vomiting, than he needs fluids. Sometimes you can't get enough fluids back into your body through the digestive system. He needs fluids and he probably needs to replenish all the lost nutrients his body burned while he was sick.

Vomiting more than once or twice a day should be an emergency. Dogs can dehydrate fast.

If this were my dog, I'd be regrudgingly calling the emergency vet hospital. It won't be cheap.. but it could save his life.. or save you even more money in the long run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog keeps vomiting what do I do? [ 2 Answers ]

On Tuesday my 1 year old female pitbull got spayed. I was able to bring her home that afternoon and they told me she might not have an appetite for the day. She did not eat on Tuesday but on wed when we gave her her bowl of plain dry dog food with a normal 2 scoops, she had maybe a fourth of it. ...

My dog is vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

My dog is 9mo old. His stomach will make a loud gurgling/growling noise before he vomits. He loses his appetite. Stools are normal. This has happened at least once a week

My dog is vomiting. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old lhasa apso. She is energetic and happy, but keeps throwing up. :( This has been going on for about a week. What could be the problem?

Why is my dog vomiting? [ 3 Answers ]

About 3 days ago, my dog started vomiting. At first it was just once but now its about every two hours. What is wrong with her?

View more questions Search