Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysticman72 Posts: 56, Reputation: 10

May 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
    Do you believe in paranormal phenomena - all of it?
    I have to admit that I'm pretty uptight right now after seeing recent posts in which an asker was badgered for asking their question about their ability to see ghosts. Actually, I'm more than uptight but I'm going to stay professional.

My question is... why on earth is there a paranormal category where askers can ask questions about the paranormal and then get hammered when asking about it? Is there anyone on this board who believes in ghosts or are we all so closed-minded that we can't conceive that it is possible?

This is the EXACT reason that I don't speak of this topic much. When people tell you that they have seen ghosts or demons or speak to them or hear them or feel them, at least give them decency and respect and understand that even if it is not a reality for you, it certainly is for them.

Peace...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
    What posts are you talking about? Most that answer here are sympathetic to paranormal. Im not understanding what your complaint is about.

May 26, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What posts are you talking about? Most that answer here are sympathetic to paranormal. Im not understanding what your complaint is about.
    It's done now. The thread closed.
    Internet Research Expert

May 26, 2012, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticman72 View Post
    That's over now. The thread closed.
    You had seem to refer to something that I don't feel exists here. So if you find any let us know.

May 26, 2012, 05:05 PM
    You had seem to refer to something that I dont feel exists here. So if you find any let us know.
    This one:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parano...nk-663666.html
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
    I was in that thread and don't recall "hammering" the poster. I was curious as to what she thought her role was in helping ghosts "find the light" and finally get to God. Hauntinghelper (who is very sympathetic to paranoramal incidents) and I agreed that whatever as gong on with her was not a gift and that she didn't need to get herself all worked up over it. I was worried about what this activity was doing to her psyche.

May 26, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I was in that thread and don't recall "hammering" the poster. I was curious as to what she thought her role was in helping ghosts "find the light" and finally get to God. Hauntinghelper (who is very sympathetic to paranoramal incidents) and I agreed that whatever as gong on with her was not a gift and that she didn't need to get herself all worked up over it. I was worried about what this activity was doing to her psyche.
    I'm not going to re-hash the thread, delve into semantics, nor play a blame game, because it will probably just get this one closed. For the record though, just because you agreed with someone about the non-validity of the poster's situation, doesn't make it non-valid for the poster, nor does it mean that respect is not due to the poster. An example was asked and I gave it.

Back to my question - do you believe in this phenomena? If you don't believe in it, why don't you? What keeps you from believing it? If you believe in it, why?

Peace...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2012, 05:37 PM
    I can't see ghosts but have had enough weird things happen to me that my motto is "anything's possible." Yet, it flies in the face of Christianity and what I have been taught all these many years.

HH had said ghosts reveal themselves to a person; it's not a gift for that person to be able to see them. During the week after my dad died, my mom saw him several times. Did she really? Or was she just lost in a fog of missing him? Does she have a gift? (She's never ever seen another deceased person.) Was this a gift from God to allow her to see her husband a few more times? I don't know.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
    I can only speak for myself (but I know WG is open to paranormal experiences as well)...

I might turn the question around and say there isn't much I DON'T believe is possible in the spirit world. However, that does not mean everything is all well and good. Nobody was "hammered" in the thread and I wouldn't even say she was not taken seriously. But believing somebody and encouraging them are two different things. I believe wondergirl was simply trying to get this girl to take a step back and look at the situation. Having 11 year old girls ecouraged to help spirits cross would be a little irresponsible on our part. We don't know her parents beliefs or even if they knew she was on the internet.

I think for the most part those that contribute on the paranormal forum take the OPs posts seriously. Every now and again you get the know-it-all preteens and others who you know not to take seriously.

May 26, 2012, 06:00 PM
    I can't see ghosts but have had enough weird things happen to me that my motto is "anything's possible." Yet, it flies in the face of Christianity and what I have been taught all these many years.
    Of course it flies in the face of Christianity and what you've been taught. That applies to me as well. But my experience of these things are very real to me, whether people believe it is objectively "real".
    HH had said ghosts reveal themselves to a person; it's not a gift for that person to be able to see them. During the week after my dad died, my mom saw him several times. Did she really? Or was she just lost in a fog of missing him? Does she have a gift? (She's never ever seen another deceased person.) Was this a gift from God to allow her to see her husband a few more times? I don't know.
    That's your opinion that it's not a gift. I didn't even have an opportunity to tell her what my opinion was. This kid (who I remind you is ELEVEN) will do more for the Kingdom of God than you realize or understand. And I just pray to GOD that she doesn't take the advice she was given. I would mentor this precious child, help her understand what she is seeing and lead her gently where she needs to go. Is it a gift? I don't know that it's a "gift" but in my reality, it is something that God uses to accomplish His work.

Let me say this... once upon a time I was raised devout Southern Baptist. However, I grew up and at the age of 30, I began to study Buddhism. I practiced Buddhism for four years, didn't believe in God anymore or spirit beings or faeries or anything. Then one day... I had a demon speak to me from a human being's mouth. As time went on, not only demons, but human spirits began to speak. I don't have time or space to give you details (you can find that on my blog).

I know where you are coming from. I know what it's like. I've been there. No matter what I do in my life from here on out, I can tell you without reservation, that the work I do and have done with spirits will far surpass my other earthly accomplishments. I can honestly go before the God of this universe, bow my head and say that I've done my best to bring people to Him. You don't understand... you just don't understand what's been done now. You don't understand the repercussions.

Peace...

May 26, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I can only speak for myself (but I know WG is open to paranormal experiences as well)...

I might turn the question around and say there isn't much I DON'T believe is possible in the spirit world. However, that does not mean everything is all well and good. Nobody was "hammered" in the thread and I wouldn't even say she was not taken seriously. But believing somebody and encouraging them are two different things. I believe wondergirl was simply trying to get this girl to take a step back and look at the situation. Having 11 year old girls ecouraged to help spirits cross would be a little irresponsible on our part. We don't know her parents beliefs or even if they knew she was on the internet.

I think for the most part those that contribute on the paranormal forum take the OPs posts seriously. Every now and again you get the know-it-all preteens and others who you know not to take seriously.
    I agree that the parents need to know their child is asking about these things on the internet and that the child needs to be dealing with her parents on this, but for the love of God, it's irresponsible in my opinion to question an eleven year old on the validity of what she believes she is doing for God. You know what... I don't want to talk about her anymore. I want to talk about the issues at hand. I want people to answer the questions I put forth because it lies at the very heart of what that little girl is going through.

Peace...

May 26, 2012, 06:17 PM
    With all due respect, I do understand what was done... we did not encourage an 11 year old girl to seek after dabbling in the spirit world.

As wondergirl rightly brought up, what exactly is this girl doing FOR God? How is she helping anybody... especially the all-mighty God of the universe?

If she were leading living souls towards salvation and bringing Jesus Christ into people's lives... HEY, have at it kid... but that was not the subject at all. As I've said before, there is a reason the Word of God tells us to TEST spirits... because they are liars and deceptive.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
    for the love of God, it's irresponsible in my opinion to question an eleven year old on the validity of what she believes she is doing for God.
    If you stick around here for a while, you will discover that the ages of 11-14 are prime time to be a pest/troll on an Internet site. They are especially active during school holidays and summertime. As a moderator, I'm part of a team that is very watchful of such users who tend to suck the energy out of various boards and discourage legitimate questions. My mod colleagues get quite impatient with me at times for wanting to give a (young) person the benefit of the doubt when they don't think there is any doubt at all. Thus my questioning of her, to try to find out what she was all about.
    Internet Research Expert

May 26, 2012, 06:41 PM
    I don't want to talk about her anymore. I want to talk about the issues at hand. I want people to answer the questions I put forth because it lies at the very heart of what that little girl is going through.

Peace...

Here is the thing. Most of us that regularly answer questions on this board do believe in the paranormal at some level. But as you would expect from a room full of people we all have a different approach. In your eyes (as an adult) a door closing by itself isn't a ghost until otherwise known. To a child of 11 it can most certainly be a ghost that did it.

Sometimes getting to the root of the belief lends itself to the answer. As in your own path you have sought answers and have a belief system. Others here have their own systems and practices. That's what makes this place a great place to ask questions.

Now Im going to ask you a question: We have a section called "member discussions" would you like this thread moved there or would you prefer it stays here under paranormal ?

May 26, 2012, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    With all due respect, I do understand what was done... we did not encourage an 11 year old girl to seek after dabbling in the spirit world.
    Led correctly, she will do great things for God... leading wayward souls to God.
    As wondergirl rightly brought up, what exactly is this girl doing FOR God? How is she helping anybody... especially the all-mighty God of the universe?
    We are the hands and feet of all-mighty God. He uses us to accomplish His will on this earth. What is she doing for God? Something that most people can't do... speak to the dead and help them leave this earth that they are imprisoned on.
    If she were leading living souls towards salvation and bringing Jesus Christ into people's lives... HEY, have at it kid... but that was not the subject at all. As I've said before, there is a reason the Word of God tells us to TEST spirits... because they are liars and deceptive.
    Living souls? What about the "dead souls"? Who is going to help them? That's the point... the ability to see and/or speak to human souls who are still trapped on this earth give us the opportunity to help them leave their baggage behind and move into God's presence. This flies in the face (as WG put it) of mainstream Christianity and doctrines that are taught in church. The physical universe is simply a mirror of the underlying spiritual universe that God created whether early or modern Christians believe it or understand it.

Not all spirits are liars. They are just like living human beings - they have the capacity to be truthful or dishonest, to be angry or not to be angry. They still have choice. The Holy Bible is powerful and inspired by God. It was not written by God. The only thing written by God was the Decalogue. I do not worship a collection of books. I worship the God who inspired them.

Peace...

May 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
    It's irresponsible to question an 11 year old girl? In certain subjects, the paranormal being one of them, it would be irresponsble NOT to question her about these things. We are not her parents, as we all know, but there are those here who do their best to offer not only accurate advice, but responsible advice as well.

I don't doubt at all what she is going through and young people dealing with this are at the very heart of why I want to help in this area... but she does not yet understand how the spirit world functions. In my opinion, telling her not only to continue in contact with these spirits but also to further develop this, would be like throwing her to the wolves.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Living souls? What about the "dead souls"? Who is going to help them?
    An 11-year-old girl who really doesn't seem to understand who she is and what she is supposed to do?

I vote for moving this thread to Member Discussions, or it's going to get shut down.

May 26, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Here is the thing. Most of us that regularly answer questions on this board do believe in the paranormal at some level. But as you would expect from a room full of people we all have a different approach. In your eyes (as an adult) a door closing by itself isn't a ghost until otherwise known. To a child of 11 it can most certainly be a ghost that did it.
    I understand. But, based on what she said... I believe she was telling the truth.
    Sometimes getting to the root of the belief lends itself to the answer. As in your own path you have sought answers and have a belief system. Others here have their own systems and practices. That's what makes this place a great place to ask questions.
    Yes, I absolutely agree. I value other people's viewpoints and belief systems. Heck, I've "owned" a few of them :) I'm very passionate about this topic and perhaps too passionate. I promise I'll try to be a good boy :)
    Now Im going to ask you a question: We have a section called "member discussions" would you like this thread moved there or would you prefer it stays here under paranormal ?
    Whichever you think is appropriate. And for the record, thank you for your tactful approach.

Peace...

May 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
    An 11-year-old girl who really doesn't seem to understand who she is and what she is supposed to do?

I vote for moving this thread to Member Discussions, or it's going to get shut down.
    You underestimate the ability of God to lead a simple child to accomplish the task He set before them. She doesn't understand yet who she is, and she certainly won't if she takes some of the advice given to her.

Peace...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2012, 07:01 PM
    You underestimate the ability of God to lead a simple child to accomplish the task He set before them. She doesn't understand yet who she is, and she certainly won't if she takes some of the advice given to her.
    No, I don't underestimate anyone's ability to accomplish God's will. But like someone said a few posts ago, encouraging an immature and clueless 11-year-old would be like throwing her to the wolves. She herself said she had no idea what to do and how to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paranormal phenomena [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do from being attacked by unknown entities?

Paranormal Phenomena [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just wanted to see how I could find if people died in my house. I have some paranormal activity. Not much. If someone did die here, they were nice because we don't have any bad expierences :confused: I would like to know how many people, the history of my house and the names if someone passed...

Paranormal phenomena [ 14 Answers ]

Hi guys, I need your opinion on a problem which me and my wife are facing in the recent days... Often when I or my wife lay on the bed to sleep something happens and we cannot move our body at all... we cannot move hand, feet, head etc... we feel that we are alive and we feel that we are...

Paranormal phenomena [ 3 Answers ]

I have 3 kids my 9yr old said he heard a scarching sound like a dog with fleas scarching it self the only thing we have no dog I also seen shadows in my rm my 5yr old sees ghost he saya my moms house has some but at the house we have none.

Paranormal phenomena [ 4 Answers ]

I used to see a young man about my home, he would just "be there" from time to time... well once he showed up and really surprised me so I said "will you stop doing that", and now he never comes around... how should I invite him back so I may see what he wants/needs etc? Ps I live near saltville...

View more questions Search