Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    potbunny Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

May 26, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Stihl Chainsaw MS-250 Pull-Start issue
    Hi I have a 48cc Stihl chainsaw ms-250. The pull start on it is really hard to pull and it can't start it. It worked fine 2 weeks ago but my grandpa fidled with it (alzeimers) and now it won't work. I can make it turn but it is super hard to do. Yet I can't make it turn fast enough to start. I took the pull start of and when it is not on the crank shaft it pulls fine. So the crank shaft is messed up. What do I do!?
    potbunny Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

May 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
    I took the spark plug off and it turned freely. Then I noticed there was oil in the mix! Like a lot of it! I emptied the mix and pulled the string to lett the spark plug spot spray out the bad mix... I put good mix in the mix place and shook it up and poured it out. I then put gas in the spark plug spot and poured it out I pulled and pulled. Then I added mix and put the choke on and pulled and pulled to get the good mix in the tubes (all with the plug out. Then I put the plug in and pulled and it was still hard. I took the spark plug out amptied the mix and put the chainsaw upside down to dry out. What else do I do. Did I clean it right?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Hi,
    Sounds like you have a good start. Might he have messed with the other side? Clutch drum dragging on the chain brake?
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stihl chainsaw 041 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a stihl 041 chainsaw that starts OK but when it gets warmed up will not run full throttle. It runs very well at all speeds until it gets warm.

New chainsaw hard to pull [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a new chainsaw (Powerhorse) and it is extremely hard to pull the cord. It actually pulls the cord out of my grip sometimes. Brake is off, first fill of mixed gas, and chain oil is full, off switch is on. I have had poulan, husquvarna and sthil saws before and never experienced this. Any...

Pull cord on chainsaw won't recoil [ 3 Answers ]

I was reinstalling the pull cord on the chainsaw because it broke.. when putting the pull chain and assembly back on the saw the cord will not recoil back when pulling it out. I see there is a coil underneath the assembly but how do you reset it so that it works right? Advise - thanks - Phil

Can't start my Poulan chainsaw. Start rope too hard to pull. [ 1 Answers ]

Can't start my chainsaw because the start rope is too hard to pull out. Pulling the rope causes a jerky action.

View more questions Search