Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    APRILEP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Motor won't shut off
    After just installing a new pressure tank and then a pressure switch in the motor our motor will not shut off after it starts. We have to shut it off manually.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by APRILEP View Post
    after just installing a new pressure tank and then a pressure switch in the motor our motor will not shut off after it starts. We have to shut it off manually.
    Check the small tube that runs from the pump to the control box for a blockage. Let me know if that works for you. Good luck, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
    What does the pressure on the gauge go up to ? If getting good pressure, you may want to check the line between the pressure switch and the pump housing(assuming you have a jet pump/above ground pump). Also, recheck wiring on the new switch. After that, let us know a bit more about the situation and we will see what we can come up with. Oh yeah, what was the preset pressures on the old switch and what are they on the new switch?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor won't shut off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Janitrol furnace. The blower motor was replaced 2 years ago. The furnace works fine otherwise, flame comes on, the blower runs until the set temp, but after the blower shuts off, the motor is still humming, non-stop. Is the problem at the furnace or the house thermostat (the fan is...

Blower motor won't shut off in attic [ 4 Answers ]

How do you fix a fan motor that does not shut off at the furance and what do you normally shut the fan limted switch too I know if I go up there and turn fan limted switch it will shut off and the theromstate and fan motor have to be set togather this old unit but heat great beside this problem it...

AC blower motor will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

The blower motor on my AC will not shut off unless I flip the circuit breaker. I had a condensation leak last week that fried the capacitor, got it replaced but blower will not stop running.

View more questions Search