Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danaj74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds
    I am having a difficult time understanding bonds.

Here is a question that stumps me:
    Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds priced at 104 plus two months accrued interest. If interest payments are semiannual, and the interest expense account was debited for $53,600 when the first payment was made.

Until this point we were using the stated rate and market rate to find the present or future value. Then computing the interest and principal. I am not sure how the "priced at 104" plays into the computation. Our book does an awful job of explaining.

The next thing I am confused on is the accured interest. I think I should just multiply the 6 million x 6% x 2/12. However, I am not sure what the $53,600 is. This whole question confuses me. I am not looking for an answer, just a nudge in the right direction.
    tabhilash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Made cash sales of $10,961 during the week
    bunnyKutty Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

May 19, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Send the question once again. I think there is something missing. What is the method of amortization of bond premium?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help w/ bonds and interest on them [ 3 Answers ]

You don't have to give me the answer if you don't want, I would really appreciate knowing how to figure this problem out. Doran Co. issued $40 million face amount of 11% bonds when market interest rates were 11.14% for bonds of similar risk and other characteristics. A. How much interest will...

Bonds maturity and Interest [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure this out, please help. My company has two bond issues outstanding. Both bonds pay 100 annual interest plus 1000 at maturity. Bond x has a maturity of 15 years, and Bond Y a maturity of 1 year. What will the value of each of these bonds when the going rate of interest is 5%, 8%,...

Bonds Payables Journal Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Company A whose fiscal year is the calendar year : 2005 July 1.Issued $ 15,000,000 of 5 year, 14 % callable bonds dated July 1, 2005,at an effective rate of 12%, receiving cas of $16,104,095.Interest is payable semiannually on Dec. 31 and June 30. Is this OK? July 1 Cash 16,140,95 DT ...

View more questions Search