Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Velvet_Imminent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Anxiety and Bisexuality
    I'm a paranoid person, normally when someone presents a view, I overanalise it and involuntarily if negative enough make it my own. That comes from Social Anxiety syndrome that cronic marijuana consumption both feeds and numbs.
    Until about a week ago, I was perfectly fine with being bisexual, I have had many crushes for women in my life and when I discovered arousement from males I kept enjoying girls, sometimes even more.
    Due to my anxiety I have problems in getting around people, not even minding getting laid. Besides a make out session and three paid experiences with women and one night with a man I have no other feedback. But I masturbate
    To women and men alike, and I like their unique traits find both their sexuality very appealing. My degree of preference fluctuates back and forth.

What's the problem then?

Well, my college has a big LGBT community and when my anxiety became worse they took notice to my trends. I told
    Them I was bisexual and since then all the gay guys I know are hitting on to me. Plus, I have been hearing directly and from behind my back all the common bisexual myths. That it is a stop on the road to being gay,
    That we are "confused" or "curious" and that we are only trying to kid ourselves. With my involuntary paranoid appropriation of thought I made these my own, and they do make me feel insecure. I could have fun with men, sure but I don't feel like closing any doors. But on the other hand everyone is trying to pressure me.I still can't get any girls because of my anxiety and I'm afraid, in part because of my fear I might be tricked by my own mind into making a wrong decision.
    How can I have peace with myself?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 26, 2012, 09:19 AM
    You need to see a counselor so that you can determine (with their help) what your sexuality actually is.

You won't be at peace until you resolve in your own mind what exactly it is that you are looking for in romantic and sexual partners.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Hello V:

I'm not bisexual, but I don't really see any downsides to it. To me, the odds of hooking up are increased by 100%. Who doesn't like those odds?

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2012, 10:56 AM
    Not sure why there is any worry or fear over sexual choice, Unless you belong to a very strong opinion church, most of society could care less what sex choice you do, If some group really is, and it is not just your fear making you think it is, but if a group is pushing you for sex, it is not a group you want to be in ( unless you want a lot of sex with different people.
    We called that free love in the 60's 70's, nothing new.

But yes, see a counselor find out what you really want and be happy.
    helpishere Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Hey,
    helpishere Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
    Hey,
    I am currently in a similar situation. Up until last year I had never hooked up with a guy and now I have found myself in a sticky situation. I have hooked up with two gay guys, one who I got attached to for a little while and the other I am only attracted to their personality. I still have feelings for women though and it is okay to like features in both men and women. I think everyone who is bi needs to experience a little fun with both sexes and then can decide later in life who they choose to settle down with. I personally want kids so I see this as more of a phase in my life.
    Recently I told my gay friend that I was bi. I thought if I were to tell anyone, he would be the most supportive. Turns out he kind of was upset about it and instead of getting mad I decided that it was his issue and not mine. You can't feel bad about other people misunderstanding, eventually I am sure he will come around. He just liked the thought of him hooking up with a straight guy. I have told my mom and she is cool with it so all that really matters is that you have a support group of friends or family who have your back, everyone else can kind of off.
    I wouldn't suggest going around and telling people, but definitely tell the people that you are interested in. There is nothing more painful than holding in feelings about someone. Most of the times they will understand. So for now have fun and don't worry about making up your mind until you either find someone you can't live without or want to settle down. Just remember that there is no one like you, and there is someone who will love you for specifically being yourself.
    n0la Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Hey !

I'm not bi-sexual myself, but I have many bi and gay friends... I know it's hard to deal with in the first place but once you start "finding your feet" you will realise that you worried over nothing!

With your anxiety I also know what it's like to have anxiety my best friend suffers from it greatly, and she has problems with meeting new people..
    There's no proper way to get over axiety but what you can try is talking to a close friend about it.. you would be surprised how much they can help out!
    I helped my friend to meet a bunch of new people that she can share many great moments with and since she's been really happy!

Your explanation tells me that in the past you never really had any problems? Well, nothings changed! It's just your mind, I'm sure your friends understand! People do take news like that different ways but honestly you can't help who you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bisexuality [ 3 Answers ]

I think my husband is bisexual and secetrely hiding it from me. A couple of years ago I found out he was emailing another man some pretty intimate sexual... I am not sure what to call them... for example, he wrote to this friend "it would take seconds after you....." and "put your hand down your...

Bisexuality, What do you think? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, There was a discussion on another board, that questioned the nature of bisexuals. I have heard a lot of different opinions on it's nature, validity and even it's existence. What are people's opinions on this honestly?

Does Bisexuality Exist? [ 67 Answers ]

This is a follow-up derived from another thread. I've maintained, as a gay man, that bisexuality in men is a myth which can be explained as either a confusion over definitions of sexual orientation or a denial of being gay, or both. I have no opinion about bisexuality in women (that might be...

View more questions Search