Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baileyt2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Payne ac unit troubleshooting
    My unit kick the breaker off before starting... I also replaced thr relay that got burned out cause of this problem
    baileyt2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 07:19 AM
    My payne unit kick off the breaker when starting up... what is wrong with it??
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2012, 10:38 PM
    You may have a shorted out compressor. You will need to use an ohm meter to check it out. Let us know when you have one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payne Heating Unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a company here installing a Payne Heating unit in a 3 ton system. Does it matter which side of the unit that the return air hole is cut in? I heard it should flow out the bottom or right side. Can you tell what is most efficient?

Our unit a PAYNE PH10JA042-B is not working. [ 0 Answers ]

I've tried turning the power off and on again but nothing. Is there a re-set switch?

New air conditioning unit - Payne [ 16 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old are will not survive an inpending reroofing. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new A/C unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed. The estimate...

Payne AC unit not blowing cool air... Also, fan not spinning on outside unit. [ 3 Answers ]

Payne AC unit not blowing cool air... Also, fan not spinning on outside unit. Is there a reset button or a way to check the power for the outside unit? Please help. Heat wave in California :/

Heating - Payne unit [ 2 Answers ]

My less than 3 year old Payne central heat/air unit will not put out heat. It is 59 degrees in our house today, and we are freezing. No money to hire a repairman. Was wondering if there is anything I could do to check it out. Thanks

View more questions Search