Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denised63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Need to move the coaxial cable coming out of the wall
    The cable coming into my living room needs to be moved to another wall... right now I have the cable wire running across my floor over to my television... UGH!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2012, 05:00 PM
    You can contact the cable company to see what's involved in running another cable or just run the cable along the baseboard.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 26, 2012, 08:09 AM
    If you have a basement with ceiling access you can route the cable back to the basement, pull it to the new location and then drill an access hole into the wall cavity or floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running in wall Coaxial Cable from Existing wall [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, Is there someone here who is expert on electrical? I need help on running coaxial cable to my existing walls. I have a 1st floor where I have access to drilling holes into the second floor. I am willing to cut open holes for installing the single gang boxes. Now, here are my...

Installing coaxial cable [ 3 Answers ]

I need to run a coaxial cable wire to an existing building. It cannot be ran overhead, it has to be underground. Instead of direct burial, I already have a conduit with #6 wire in it for power. Can I, or would it interfere with the cable, if I was to run it in the conduit with the power?

Grounding an antenna with coaxial cable that has a ground wire included [ 1 Answers ]

We installed an antenna next to our trailer on a mast pole. The coaxial cable we used had a gound wire in it but we didn't use it. We grounded the pole to a grounding rod in the ground and connected copper wire to it. We didn't connect the ground wire inside the cable at all. Is this a mistake?

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

Running coaxial cable above fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just bought a LCD TV and I want to put it above our fireplace. I want the wires to run in the wall and into our cabinets along the side about 3' away. Are there things I need to know about cutting into a wall above the fireplace? Is it the same as cutting into and pulling wires...

View more questions Search