Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmgouthro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Where parents sit at son's funeral?
    Should a father sit in the front left or front right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
    At the ones I have went to, at a funeral the mother and father sit on the right side ( if there are sides, not all funeral homes have sides. ** assuming you mean which side of the middle isle ?

If you are talking about mother sitting to the right or left of the father, the mother often sits to the right of the husband.

But to be honest, the funeral home will direct the family where to sit, and as to mother and father, where they sit is often not the issue they are worried about and it is not a concern to anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does ex wife of deceased sit with family at the funeral [ 17 Answers ]

My ex husband just passed away this week. We have been divorced for 10 yrs and he has had a girlfriend for those 10 yrs . Is it appropriate for me to sit with my children at the funeral in front with my family even though she is sitting there also?

Do I need my son's father's permission to change my son's last name? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my sons father were never married. My son took his father's last name. He has barely been in my son's life and my family is mostly in his live. Therefore, I would rather my son have my last name. My question is, do I need his father's permission? I live in NJ.

Sit it out or get out? [ 4 Answers ]

My landlord just declared bankruptcy. City utilities were included in rent and under the landlords name. My contract was up at the same time that the building was actually out of the landlords name. He has no idea what is going to happen with the building. What do I do in this situation? Sit it out...

Parents in debt, can credit card company seize son's assets? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents have some outstanding debt (right around $33,000) on a mastercard. Today my father seems to have just found out about it and called the company today. He basically told them to accept $30,000 immediately or sue. Now my question, my truck was purchased with my money, I can prove this, but...

Funeral Equitete for divorced Parents [ 1 Answers ]

I have been divorced for many years and our youngest child is now 8. Recently, a very close relative passed away and the children are taking it very hard. The memorial service will be at church. My question is at the memorial service where is the proper place for the father of the children to...

View more questions Search