Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terasamilligan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Mother of two
    I recently started have problems with my vision. Every once in a while I sight blacks out. Sometimes for a second and other times for longer. My doctor says there is nothing wrong at least with my head. Do you have any ideas?:confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 06:08 PM
    If this is causing you concern, ignore your regular doctor. I would suggest you make an appointment with an ophthalmologist. Don't go to an optician or optometrist. Those are the guys that work at vision centers. Either ask your regular doctor for a referral or look in your local yellow pages under Physicians. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors and surgeons and do a much more thorough job of checking your vision. They have the equipment the others don't have, to check your optic nerve. If there is nothing wrong with your vision, you may need to see a neurologist, but let the Ophthalmologist guide you on that. Just discuss the problem you are having with him/her and take it from there.

Good luck! :)
    pippi Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terasamilligan
    I recently started have problems with my vision. Every once in a while I sight blacks out. Sometimes for a second and other times for longer. My doctor says their is nothing wrong at least with my head. Do you have any ideas?:confused:
    Hi, I think you should check if you have a heart failure, when there is not too much blood arriving to the brain it is possible to pass out, it is not a big deal, you may need a pacemaker, my sister had the same problem.
    saragent-mother Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I have the same thing and I seen specilist they fond ot it was triggered by a nerve in my neack and there is nothing they can do
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Black outs, does all of your vision just go black, or do you merely see black dots in your vision

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

My Mother [ 13 Answers ]

My mom is a little crazy. First I thought she was stupid but now I'm pretty sure she's crazy. First some background information on my mother, she's illiterate and has very little education, OK that's enough background information. The problem is that she's convinced that there are cameras in the...

My mother [ 8 Answers ]

My mother passed away two years ago. It was very painful. I have been reliving her last moments lately at night when I go to bed. I can see her sitting up as plain as she did, saying no... I am not ready to die. I feel like there is something I should have done. She had lung cancer and basically...

Please Help me help my mother [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is jermaine, I'm new to this board. My mother who is 65yrs of age has a occupier staying in her basement located in new york, he was paying a occupancy fee for a total of about 3-4 months. He stopped paying the occupancy fee in end of June and stated that he will be leaving leaving...

Please help my mother! [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is 73 years old and she has 30,000.00 in credit card debt. She has depleted her savings and gets $490. A month in social security. She owns a home in a cooperative in NJ and can't get a reverse mortgage because Nj doesn't allow that on cooperatives. She was advised not to go bankrupt...

View more questions Search