Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EssexGuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2004, 02:35 AM
    New Hard Drive Installation/Format for XP
    Hi All. Hope you can help me. Ihave just installed a new 250GB hard drive. Can some one please help me on how i install windows ME. Ihave the hard drive set to master. Ihave also a floppy startup disk. hope you can help this essexguy. My home email is [email protected] Many thanks richardxx :)
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 12, 2004, 03:21 AM
    Set your BIOS options to boot from the CD, and boot from the Windows-ME CD. Follow the instructions on the display.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2004, 01:35 PM
    I would be more than happy to assist you with this procedure if you contact me at the link below.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
    WinME
    Only 1 thing to say, delete WinME, it's the worst operating system ever, even Microsoft admits it.

Get rid of it, don't try to work with it or fix it or live with it, you will have nothing but trouble.

Get winxp please
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 17, 2005, 04:52 PM
    New hard drive installation
    Had to laugh at Wendy225 moaning about Windows ME.It's real title was Windows 98 Third Edition Which Doesn't Work.Seems the coders at Redmond were having a bad day!
    If your interested,visit http://www.computergripes.com/letters/allgripes.php and read some of the reasons 'emeee' was hopeless.Scroll down the page near the bottom,till you see the Windows section.To see 'gripes' about other products,check the site out.Should'nt put the link here,as it's not explaining the original problem,as formating a hard drive is no laughing matter. :D

With buckets of apologies to EssexGuy,but urmod4u has told you how to get ME back on your hard drive,and it's sound advice.And thanks Wendy for giving me a laugh.Now I just laugh at XP on my hard drive...
    Good luck,
    Nez.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 18, 2005, 11:18 AM
    No one said WinXP was great, just that it was a better option than ME, Win98SE is still overall I think the best choice, it's just that WinXP, has several good options that do work, that Win98SE does not have.

I fight with WinXP all the time keeping it running properly, and every other Winxp update I get seems to cause some sort of a problem, so it's a never ending battle with OS's.

My comment was meant to inform people that out of all of the OS's ME was the most buggy, and at least with Xp they do offer constant fixes for things, for ME, they don't anymore.

So go laugh at yourself or someone else please.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 18, 2005, 12:12 PM
    Win ME
    I think you've missed the point.Win ME,in my opinion,as you yourself have said all over the forum,was/is a bad OS.Yes it's buggy,and for those happy with 98 SE,they should stick with it.
    XP was released,here in the UK,in the autumn of 2001.It's core code was based on Windows 2000,and the desktop make-over,is Win ME code,with extras to legitamise it being called XP.The NTFS file system,used since NT days,is about to be replaced again in late spring 2006,with WINFS,for Longhorn.No doubt we shall have more 'laughing' days when that is released as well.
    I was not laughing at you,(English sense of humour),or is that humor? I was laughing with you.Not at the folks who use ME,but the fact that I too had loads of trouble with it,before I moved onto Windows 2000.And that is another story.
    This forum is a good place to exchange ideas,and generally help each other out.I don't work in the IT. Industry,that's why I rely on this forum.But I know a little to make an opinion when I feel justified too.
    Chill out Wendy and have a nice day. :D

Best wishes,
    Nez

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

How do I format my hard drive [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed at moment a version of windows xp pro and it is in german I have acquired a english version called winborg allin one and it tells me to format before inserting the disc but when I click on the hd it comes up in german telling me something about closing windows but I cannot...

DOS Installation on Hard Drive [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am attempting to install DOS on a 1.4 gig hard drive on a Pentium 1 HP Vectra. All I have is a DOS 6.1 (I think that's what it is) boot disk, so therefore I do have the ability to easily run DOS on the computer without a problem. I have used fdisk.exe to set up the DOS partition on...

New hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

If I put a hard drive in a different computer how do I make the motherboard recognize the new hard drive Thanks

View more questions Search