Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xkwxwdx Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Feb 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
    10 Stone 8 Pound
    Hi , I'm nearly 15 years old and I weigh 10 stone and 8 pounds I would really love to get back down to about 9 stone is there anyway I could do that? :(
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Feb 26, 2007, 02:55 PM
    What's the weight of a "Stone" in pounds?

Exercise and diet regularly while practicing good food choices (Cut the junk out) will help with weight loss regardless.

Feb 26, 2007, 03:48 PM
    I don't have a clue , I just know I am 10 stone 8 pounds
    Sorry
    sexybeasty Posts: 112, Reputation: 16

Feb 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I think it is 12 pounds. Anybody know for sure?

Feb 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
    ONE stone is about 13 or 14 pound
    Sorry didn't understand what u meant
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
    10 stone 8 pounds converts to 148 american pounds
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Depending on your hight 10 stone 8 pounds could be a healthy weight. Try checking your BMI (Body Mass Index) online, just Google body mass index and it will tell you if your underweight, a healthy weight or overweight. It will also suggest a healthy weight.

If you really want to drop some weight a simple way is cut down on calories, eat no more than 16OO a day and take plenty of cardio exercise.

I'm not giving an expert opinion but it's a suggestion. Weight loss isn't hard if you have the will power.

Apr 11, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Ill try that on Google thanks
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I know this is off the subject, but isn't just saying how much you weigh in pounds straight out so much easier? Just kidding!

I saw that you also posted under stopping smoking. May I suggest you pick one of these goals and complete that before trying another. I am a girl that has battled my weight all my life and can tell you from experience that trying to lose weight while trying to quit smoking is super tough. I would suggest starting with the cigarettes first. That is more critical now than your weight.

Once you have been smoke free for 6 months, then start your diet. Adding exercise now while keeping your same diet will make you feel better and you will start seeing small results soon.
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    I know this is off the subject, but isn't just saying how much you weigh in pounds straight out so much easier?
    Em, some places in the UK weigh in stones, where other places weigh in kilograms. If you go to Google and type in convert 10 stone to pounds it gives you 140 pounds. So one stone = 14 pounds

Apr 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
    I get it thanks a lot x

Apr 11, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xkwxwdx
    hi , im nearly 15 years old and i weigh 10 stone and 8 pounds i would really love to get back down to about 9 stone is there anyway i could do that? :(
    I did a body mass index thing it says 22.0 what does that mean :S
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 02:30 PM
    22 in BMI says you are practically perfect.

Apr 11, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Is that overweight??
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 02:38 PM
    No, hun that is just right.
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2007, 02:39 PM
    * Underweight = <18.5
    * Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
    * Overweight = 25-29.9
    * Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Apr 11, 2007, 02:46 PM
    :d made me feel abit better.. at least I'm not obest.. just need to tone myself up a little
    Thanks for all your help :D x
    suhle Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 2, 2011, 03:06 AM
    Emland, great point about the smoking and eating. I have many, many self destructive behaviors and so I have to prioritize which ones are most hazardous. I smoke, overeat, waste time watching TV and compulsively reading any kind of book I can get my hands on. And other more destructive, some illegal behaviors. I try to control the illegal ones because I would REALLY hate to have to spend time in jail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a pound store? [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone have any ideas about how to get resource (stock) if I wish to open a pound store? Thanks for your help.

Emrald stone [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about the diffrence between a real emrald stone or a fake emrald stone.

Can't seem to drop a pound [ 4 Answers ]

I have been walking on my treadmill for about a month and a half walk for about forty minutes a day at a speed at 3.5 ,and not eating anything for dinner but baked foods and salad,but I can't seem to loose a pound I snack on sunflower seeds,peanuts and no sugar juices and water, what am I doing...

My 50 pound 2 year old nephew [ 4 Answers ]

I'm concerned about my 2 year old nephew he weighs 50 pounds is that normal. Oh and both his parents are overweight, and he's more flabby than he is muscle please give me suggestions.

64 pound 2 yr old [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 64 pound 2 year old. He is not obese by any means. He is in the 100th percentile for height and weight, he always have been every since his 2 month check up. He is more muscle and very solid. His dad is 6 4 280 so I just always figured he would be a big guy like his father. My...

View more questions Search