Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HEART_BROKEN Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 05:34 PM
    My best friend want to be with my ex
    My best friend want to be with my ex and I don't know what to do. Me and him have been together for a year and he called it off and know he likes my bestfrined and asked her out a week later. She came to me and asked me for my permission and I told her how I felt and she said that she wont(but I had thought about it and I let her be with him and want her to be happy and of course I want him to be happy.and she broke up with him cause of me and he asked her back out 2 weeks later and she asked me and I told her that I don't know) and he (my ex) came to me and asked me why he can't be with her... so I really don't know what to do... for her to be happy or for me to get hurt again?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 05:45 PM
    There's really nothing you can do. You told your friend how you feel and she chose to respect your feelings and turn down your ex as a result. A lot of people would advise never to date a friend's ex as it is, so in that regard she may be doing the wise thing. Ultimately any problem your ex has he has to work out on his own ; you can't do it for him. If he's upset that your best friend won't go out with him out of respect for you them that's his problem, not yours. Perhaps the best thing to do is to warn your best friend that since he dumped you, he's likely to do it to her too.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 02:21 AM
    It's certainly a tough spot to be in. I think your ex was incredibly rude to ask your best friend out a week after he broke up with you. I find it troubling that your best friend didn't seem to be offended by that. I give her credit for asking you but still, just the fact that she would consider so soon after you just broke up makes me question her level of friendship for you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 06:55 AM
    How old are you anyway, if I may ask?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 05:01 PM
    I really question your friends loyalty and your exes, but take it as a lesson in choosing friends and boyfriends.
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 26, 2007, 06:10 PM
    It would be very hard to see your friend with your ex - it is nice that she asked you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with my best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in love with my best friend, I've had feeling for him for 2 years now, and he found out about one month ago, he told my friends that he loved me but not in that way, he said we had gotten TOO close for him to feel anything for me. So I thought he would feel awkward but he didn't, we are still...

Best friend [ 5 Answers ]

How do I talk to my best friend about y we r not ask close as we use to and how its affecting me and why has are friendship changed?

Me and My best friend and the Guy I like [ 21 Answers ]

Hi OK the guy I like likes me too and I liked him for a while now but I just found out that my best friend likes him too but he said he likes me and not her but he doesn't want to hurt her feeling by telling what should we said!

In love with my best friend [ 6 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

I'm In Love With my best friend and Need Advice! [ 2 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

View more questions Search