Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tinka04 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 08:35 PM
    Disrespectful Car Saleman
    This is the WORST place I have been to. The supposably team sales representative WEREN'T AS HELPFUL AS I THOUGHT WHEN I FIRST STARTED WALKING IN and don't know how to speak to customer's especially the dumbass next the lady in the green shirt in the photo. He has no type of customer service he should be fired or re train. THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO PATHETIC THEY STILL HAVE IT OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!
    I could not believe the way he treated me no respect what so ever I wonder if he speaks to his mother this way? Oh and on top of this he wouldn't give me MY ID AND BANK STATEMENT BACK when asked for it because I didn't want them to run my credit!! He freaks out on me and tells me there in the office get it I was like excuse me I knew it was time to go. I speak to the manager, The same! Although he was apologetic he wouldn't give me his DISRESPECTFUL EMPLOYEES name (this is why I am identifying him in the photo) I still have TERRIBLE HATE for this POOR PATHETIC NON-FRIENDLY PLACE AND Environment TO BE IN. To top it off I walked out the place and called the police I threatened them to give me my ID AND BANK STATEMENT So what happens he gives me my things after I said police. They made me a little nervous asking to many personal questions I new I should have walked away but for some reason I stayed. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I MAKE THIS A BIG DEAL FOR PEOPLE TO KNOW AND HELP ME GET HIM RECOGNIZED AS A HORRIBLE PLACE OR MAYBE JUST TO GET HIM FIRED I KNOW SOUNDS EVIL BUT THIS IS HOW I FEEL AT THIS TIME!!

THANKS
    TINK
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
    I feel your pain after visiting some car dealers around here. Can you be specific about how their customer service was poor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
    Do you have a question for us?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 25, 2012, 03:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinka04 View Post
    MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I MAKE THIS A BIG DEAL FOR PEOPLE TO KNOW AND HELP ME GET HIM RECOGNIZED AS A HORRIBLE PLACE OR MAYBE JUST TO GET HIM FIRED I KNOW SOUNDS EVIL BUT THIS IS HOW I FEEL AT THIS TIME!!!!!!

THANKS
    TINK
    First don't shout at us. We weren't disrespectful to you, so don't disrespect us.

Is this a new car dealership? If so, complain to the dealership management division of the manufacturer. They all have one. Many have Facebook pages where you can express your ire.

If it was a used car dealership not associated with a new car dealer, then you have to try complaining to the manager or owner. Some are licensed by the state so you can try there.

May 25, 2012, 07:07 AM
    First off I am expressing myself not shouting Duh second its Car Outlet I wouldn't even know where to get started I've been on there website it's to confusing!

May 25, 2012, 07:10 AM
    Besides them not giving me my ID and Bank Statement they spoke so inappropriate the salesman was helpful! It's just the other guy that was rude then the manager they have poor customer service no people skills!

May 25, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Typing in all caps is considered shouting in the online world. Many people find it harder to read all caps.

Of course you didn't answer whether this is a new or used car dealership. I'm surmising this is a used car dealership. I have no idea what or where Car Outlet is. If they have a web site, most of the time there is a Contact Us link, usually at the very bottom that you can use to send a message to them.

I understand your ire, but until you calm down and give us info, its hard to help you.

May 25, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Oh Its In Chicago 4210 n Western Its Caroutlet.com
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Oh Its In Chicago 4210 n Western Its Caroutlet.com
    I'm in the Chicago area and will check it out.

Their website says, "Car Outlet Inc has the used & pre-owned Car, Truck, SUV, and Van that those in ... Use the Car Outlet Inc website to find the auto that you need at a cheap price." They seem to want especially Latino customers since the site is in Spanish and they have dealers in Aurora and Elgin too (in Latino neighborhoods). Their suburban dealers' rating is nearly five full stars with comments in Spanish.

I'll check with my librarian connections.

May 25, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Sorry, I can't check out the site (one because I refuse to visit sites that play a sound without permission, two because its in spanish) so I had to close the site immediately.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 25, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Hello T:

Yeah, they're bad... But, you're not going to change the world. If they've given you your ID back, and I assume they finally did, then I don't see what other business you have with this dealership. If they haven't, write them a certified letter sent return receipt requested DEMANDING it back BY messenger, and BY a certain time..

Beyond that, this is a LAW forum. Not a complaint desk.

excon

PS> (edited) Ok, I see that this IS the complaint desk. I didn't know we had one of those.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2012, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    (one because I refuse to visit sites that play a sound without permission)
    The continuous "beep beep" is a bit off-putting, isn't it.

May 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Yea Spanish Annoying! But thanks for checking Its hard to figure out things like this That's why he was probably rude if you go on Google and check there address there all latin when you click on review they have pictures of them. The one that was rude to me he has one up I wish I can just punch him teach him amnners LMAO

May 25, 2012, 08:21 AM
    Yeah Its OK some peolple are slower on these things! I got my ID back after I called the cops!!

May 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
    Another option is contacting the Better Business Bureau. While the BBB is mostly an ineffectual organization, it does list complaints against a firm and people do check them out to see if there are complaints.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2012, 08:56 AM
    You can also rate them online BUT your rating complaint has to be rational and make sense, not be just a screaming rant.

May 25, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Yea this is why I am Writing here and not their DUH!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2012, 09:10 AM
    Yea this is why I am Writting here and not thier DUH!!!
    Did we help you get it out of your system a bit? I hope so. Let us know when you want to post an online complaint. We'll help you write it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Many car lots feel they can get away with it, because often they are the only place many people have to buy cars, if they are a buy here/ pay here type of place. ( don't know they are)

And maybe I missed it, was it your actual ID or just a photo copy of your ID.

I have a place I buy some of my supplies, I get them 40 to 50 percent cheaper, they have poor , ( very bad) customer service. But they know people will buy from them because of that. So they will either be out of business shortly, or they sell cheaper than others and stay in business in spite of service.

Next I assume you went to buy a car ? And you provided them a bank statement and ID.
    Of course they run a credit report, why did you not want it ran ? Often the places that finance their own cars will still sell you one, but the interest rates depends on the credit.

May 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The continuous "beep beep" is a bit off-putting, isn't it.
    Especially when I'm at work now and everyone started looking around to see where the noise was coming from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I purchase a car from private car dealer, they relase pink slip, can they reposes car [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a car last year juy 2009 for 7,800.00 in CA. paid 3,550.00 cash and ended with balance of 4,250.00 NOTE: on contract there was no due day or payoff day- is blank, I have pay them 3,500 as of today, I am currently unemployd and I pay dealership any amout that is posible. Also a month...

Is this disrespectful? [ 4 Answers ]

If you recently had a fallout with your partner, is it appropriate to keep talking as "friends" immediately after?

View more questions Search