Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michaelbatten3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Central air
    My central air outside unit fan humms but won't spin what do you think the problem is
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 24, 2012, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelbatten3 View Post
    My central air outside unit fan humms but won't spin what do you think the problem is
    You have an outside fan that's seized up and needs replaced. Assuming you don't have a tree branch lodged in the unit preventing it rotating.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Two things to check-- Run capacitor for the fan motor is bad and the motor can't start or the motor is bad. You can take the capacitor to a local hvac dealer and they should test it for free, in hope that you might buy the part from them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

My central air is cold but slow air flow out of vents all of a sudden [ 1 Answers ]

My central air had been working fine. We have in the last 2 weeks had temps of 95 with heat index of 115. All of a sudden yesterday my air coming out of my vents was not as strong. Its cold but real slow. We changed the filter about 3 weeks ago, I went out to the unit and it was running. Any...

Bryant central air outside fan is running too slow and inside air is not cool [ 1 Answers ]

Bryantcentral air outside fan is running too slow and inside air is not cool

My central home air conditioner is blowing cold air but making a loud noise [ 2 Answers ]

My central home air conditioner is blowing cold air and seems to be running fine however all of a sudden it began making a loud noise inside like a Hummm, HUmmm, HUmmm noise when running. Should I expect this thing to die?

View more questions Search