Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 11:56 AM
    What to do if your boyfriend loves you but finds your body unattractive?
    I’ve been with my fella for 18 months and he’s 23 n I’m 32. I also have 3 kids, including twins, and I breast fed them all. My problem is, although he loves me and wants to be with me regardless, he finds my body quite unattractive and I think he won’t go on holidays with because of this. And the fact that I get jealous when he checks out other girls. I love him but my confidence has gone and I’m finding it hard to cope with. Any advice welcome please :(
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanab View Post
    ive been with my fella for 18 months and hes 23 n im 32. i also have 3 kids, including twins, and i breast fed them all. my problem is, altho he loves me and wants to be with me regardless, he finds my body quite unattractive and i think he wont go on holidays with because of this and the fact that i get jealous when he checks out other girls. i love him but my confidence has gone and im findin it hard to cope with. any advice welcome please :(
    Although looks aren't everything, it will eventually be poison to your love life, in turn your relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
    What the hell are you doing messing with a boy when you really need a man?? Is he a baby daddy or something?
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

May 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Simple truth ---- and please never forget this. A man who loves you will love your body.

My spouse has changed shape over the last couple of decades and you know what? I don't care at all. If you want a superficial, disapproving person who sacks yourself confidence - stay with this d-bag. Otherwise... find one of the many many men out there who would just LOVE to have you on their arm and don't want to check out other girls.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2012, 04:49 PM
    What you do in this situation is break up with him, move on, and find someone who actually likes you, and not someone who you probably just provide financial stability to. Is more like having another kid than a partner with that age difference. I have been the 18 year old boyfriend in the past to the lady who was 36 :). To my defense, I was very infatuated with her and LOVED her body.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 24, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WisperWill70 View Post
    Simple truth ---- and please never forget this. A man who loves you will love your body.
    I agree with this completely.

And I have to question what your boyfriend thinks he's doing by telling you this? Terrible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Why do you think he does not like your body? Has it said it, do you just believe it ? Is it just because he looks at other women ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 24, 2012, 07:13 PM
    I agree with everyone on this page.

I would love to hear you answer Chucks question, because that will largely dictate which side I swing to. So, please, tell us if this is something he's said to you, or something you believe because he checks out other women.

If he's told you that he doesn't find you attractive, then dump the loser and find a real man.

If he's never said a thing and you only believe that he doesn't find you attractive, because he checks out other women (something all men do), then it's your issue, not his.

So which is it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
    I've been with my fella for 18 months and he's 23 n I'm 32. I also have 3 kids, including twins, and I breast fed them all
    Are we talking being pregnant the whole duration of this relationship?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

An R&B song with the lyrics asn'tnobody body loves me like you do take my body, [ 3 Answers ]

It is 90's R&B song sang by a female group. The lyrics are as follows: "aint nobody, body loves me like you do, take my body, my body belongs to you". Please send me the name of the artist (group) and the name of the song.

My friend gets mad when she finds out I don't like her boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

k, so one of my best friends (sister from another mother) has a boyfriend, and he and I don't get along with at all, unless she's there then its "oh hey evan how ya doing??" but she got mad at me when she found out I don't like him, like not yelling mad, but you could tell the atmosphere changed....

My boyfriend finds me unattractive [ 18 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 18 or so months and we've lived together for a year. About 6 months ago, he told me that he thinks I am fat and unattractive. I love him so much but I just can't be with someone who doesn't find me sexy, especially when I know that I am. I pretty much attract every...

My boyfriend finds me unattractive [ 12 Answers ]

Hello. I am a 22 year old female dating a 24 year old male. We have been dating for 9 months, 4 of which were long distance. My boyfriend never seems to want to have sex with me and I feel very unattractive. I tried to talk to him a couple months ago about how I feel and during the conversation...

View more questions Search