Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebony2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Signed lease sight unseen
    Signed lease on 5/18/2012 before seeing apt. Upon entering with leasing consultant to do walk through immediately seen roaches, mold in freezer, major crack in ceiling,heavily stained and burnt carpet. I have giving them a chance to make repairs. So far they have sprayed for the roaches, and they went in the bedroom closet and cut a patch of carpet out and replace it with the burnt carpet area so now the burnt carpet is in the closet. They don't have anymore of units of my floor plan to move me to. They want to give me a bigger unit with rent I can't afford nor would qualify for. Can I break the lease St this point? Is the lease binding since my roommate haven't sign?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 24, 2012, 06:31 AM
    If the lease specified both of you as roommates, without your roommates signature you might be able to void the lease. But if you paid your security deposit then I believe you are bound. Since they are doing the repairs, you may not have an out.

Next time look before signing.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 24, 2012, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebony2012 View Post
    ... Can I break the lease St this point? ...
    No. Perhaps you could have if you sought to back out immediately upon seeing the premises. But your failure to do so immediately, and decision to move in, removes that option.l
    ebony2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
    I haven't move in yet and I did let my leasing consultant know immediately that the unit was unacceptable to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I signed a lease and the landlord signed the lease. Now he does not want to rent it [ 3 Answers ]

I sign a lease and the landlord signed the lease now he say he doesn't want to rent it to me, can he do that

Can a landlord ask for more addendums to be signed after lease signed [ 1 Answers ]

After lease accepted and signed by both parties and earnest money accepted the landlord has requested a new bankruptcy addendum be signed which we would prefer not to sign do we have to in order to keep the lease valid?

I have never signed a written lease or never signed a verbal lease agreement.. [ 5 Answers ]

I been staying in my home for a year now.. landlord never told me how much rent I was paying... I never signed a lease or a verbel agreement about how much rent was... my landlord never came and fix anything in the home... I paid for everything to be fix... such as windows... rewiring the electric...

Student Housing lease signed, no lease or security deposit. Can I cancel lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a student housing house. I require a $200 non-refundable lease deposit within 15 days of signing the lease (in this case it was due March 15). A $300 secutity deposit due June 1, and the rent less the lease deposit due August 28. I have a student that signed the lease, but never sent...

View more questions Search