Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john sullivan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 10:22 PM
    House leaks when it rains
    I have a 3 storey house with balconies on 2nd and 3rd floors . Every time we have heavy or constant rain it comes though into ground floor ceiling. What could be the problem. Thank you John.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Improper drainage is allowing rain water to accumulate. You will need to slope ground away from building, make sure gutters are clean and possibly install some French drains.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
    Is the "ceiling" at ground level, or is this just the first floor.

What is around the area, are the decks near the leaks. Windows ?

More info, even photos of area leaking and the area outside could help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaks on my den under the carpet when it rains [ 1 Answers ]

We have one room where there is a section of about three feet that leaks from the side at the buttom when it rains. On the other side of the wall is my neighbors yard. They have a flower bed and the soil is at the same level of the foundation and in some parts is soil is above the foundation; and...

My rooftop air conditioning duct pipe leaks when it rains [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roof top unit. And I have two lines that come from the unit through the roof into the house.In heavy rain small amount of water drips from the vents. What can I do.

First Flowr Ceiling Leaks When It Rains [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2 story home. When it rains, sometimes the first floor ceiling leaks. Have a bathroom above the leak, but it leaks only when it rains

We are living in Florida, during heavy rains water leaks through floor [ 1 Answers ]

We are living in Florida, during heavy rains water leaks through floor. Our house was built in 1950. The room with the leak was added by an unknown previous owner. About 8 years ago we dug down and added a wide pipe with styrophoam peanuts around it and that cured the problem for a while. Now...

Basement leaks when it rains [ 3 Answers ]

I have a serious problem. Every time it rains, the lowest level of my split level home leaks. The amount of water and force entering is like a faucet was turned on (but none is turned on). The water enters in a corner of the stairwell. I noticed that the leak is in line with the main stack which is...

View more questions Search