Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmill302 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 05:48 PM
    Central a/c unit compressor replace terminal block
    I have a old central a/c unit. No cold air. Pulled terminal cover to compressor , lug completely burned off to a nub. Can I replace the terminal block on the compressor? I know about the kits for burned harness this will not help. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 23, 2012, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill302 View Post
    I have a old central a/c unit. no cold air. pulled terminal cover to compressor , lug completely burned off to a nub. can i replace the terminal block on the compressor? I know about the kits for burned harness this will not help. Thanks
    If it is a tin can type compressor NO since the terminals are built into a plug which is fused to the can. If it is real old and a semi hermetic like a Copeland than yes depending upon if the parts are available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central compressor has grounded quoted 2500.00 to replace [ 1 Answers ]

Is $2500.00 high to replace a central air condition compressor

Need to replace old central air unit. R-410 vs R22? [ 5 Answers ]

My 24 year old Carrier central air conditioner finally needs to be replaced. Should I replace it with the newer 410 system or purchase another R22 unit? I was considering going with a Bryant system. Is Bryant the same as Carrier? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Need to replace central heat and air unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two story 1800 sq foot home and I need to replace the central heat and air unit. Is a 14 or a 15 seer standard for this size of home? Or would the 15 seer be a waste of money?

New compressor or new central air unit?-and what brand [ 5 Answers ]

I am just told, here in Phoenix, that my compressor is shot. :( My AC unit is a 3 ton, roof top, and is 23 years old. I can get a new compressor for which is covered by my warranty except for the incidentals which I understand can get up there, EPA fee, freon, etc. or a new unit. I am told that...

View more questions Search