Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brownie78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 02:33 PM
    My Dog Breeds Are?
    I have a small dog. His name is Brownie. He is brown all over with occasional white on his under side. I believe he is part hound because of his roundish floppy ears. His tail sticks up with a little curve to it. He barks like a hound also. He has a great hunting instinct and incredible sense of smell. He is a medium coat dog. But on the top of his neck it looks like a little mane. Do you know what my dog is??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Is there any chance you could post pictures? Our dog experts will probably be able to give you a good idea without photos, but pictures certainly would help. And the dog experts will be along later as they come home from work and go online, etc.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
    There is a good chance your dog is a heinz 57 mutt.

As mentioned, pictures would help with breed ID.

If you feel like spending the money, you can also purchase a DNA test. It will help identify the dominante breed. However, they are not 100% accurate even though the websites advertise them to be.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
    All of those characteristics made me think Basset Hound apart from the little mane.
    From the description I would definitely guess hound at least, but mixed with what you may never know.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

May 24, 2012, 08:33 AM
    I was thinking fox hound, they sometimes have a mane like appearance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you help me figure out what breeds are in my dog? [ 9 Answers ]

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

What breeds is my dog mixed with [ 6 Answers ]

Can't anyone help me on figuring out what breeds my 2yr old dog is mixed with? This has been bugind me ever since I first bought him, and it just won't get out of my mind. Help me and leave your comments thank you. Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

What mix of breeds is my dog? [ 5 Answers ]

I have rescued a shelter dog and would like to pin her traits to a couple of dog breeds. She is thin at 30 pounds, 14 inches at the shoulder, 27 inches tail to head, long bushy tail, long pointed nose, brown eyes, black medium coat with honey brown under belly, small white feet. Her back is...

Dog Breeds [ 2 Answers ]

Could you give me a list with all the small breed dogs?

View more questions Search