Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    technut84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
    Ask an electrical engineer
    I need to build an electrical transformer for stepping up/stepping down voltages and currents. One method would be to place the secondary coil INSIDE the primary coil, as in a typical Tesla coil setup. The other method is to put the two coils SIDE BY SIDE in proximity, as is normally done. My question is: which method is more efficient, or is there any difference at all? Thanks!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
    Sorry, I do not believe there is a engineer that specializing in transformers here.

There is a decent amount of info out on the internet, here are some examples:

http://www.ti.com/lit/ml/slup126/slup126.pdf

http://ecee.colorado.edu/copec/book/...Ch15slides.pdf

Transformers Part 1 - Beginners' Guide to Electronics

Power Transformer & Inductor- Design Principles, Calculation, Software

Do a web search for "electric transformer design", for much more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a electrical engineer get a job after a felony [ 1 Answers ]

I have a electrical engineering degree from a four year college was wondering if I would be able to still be hired with a felony drug conviction?

Electrical Engineer with a felony? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 25 years old and was convicted 3 yrs ago of: Theft by Unlawful Taking, Criminal Mischief and Criminal Trespassing; these were all felony's. I am now going to PSU for Electrical Engineering and was wondering if anyone had a clue if I was going to be able to find a job, or am I going to be...

Mechanical & Electrical Engineer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a assignment but don't know where to find the info. Anybody know please tell me, TQ! For each of the above professions, find out the following: (*the professions I have choose is 'Mechanical & Electrical Engineer') 1. A brief history, background and development of the profession in...

View more questions Search