Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anniehyde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Help my husband whose brother committed suicide
    Last. Night, my husband and one of his brothers dropped in on another brother who has been depressed. They found him hanging and they are so nearly out of their minds. I've had (unfortunately) experience in this area. I know that I can never help anybody fill a hole in the soul. I also know that the brother was anything BUT selfish. He hurt so much. Still, please help me find a way to make my family feel more loved, less hurt, and free of guilt.

Sorry that this is so long. I simply believe in the wisdom of others.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 23, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anniehyde View Post
    Last. night, my husband and one of his brothers dropped in on another brother who has been depressed. They found him hanging and they are so nearly out of their minds. I've had (unfortunately) experience in this area. I know that I can never help anybody fill a hole in the soul. I also know that the brother was anything BUT selfish. He hurt so much. Still, please help me find a way to make my family feel more loved, less hurt, and free of guilt.

Sorry that this is so long. I simply believe in the wisdom of others.
    I strongly suggest counseling for everyone involved... Its a traumatic event for everyone involved... and it can only help everyone cope with the unexpected loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad committed suicide [ 17 Answers ]

My dad committed suicide a two weeks ago. He left me, my sister, and my mom. It doesn't feel real. I don't know what to do.

My father committed suicide [ 51 Answers ]

I'm not really writing this because I want specific advice, but to share and I hope someone will share with me if the have lost someone to suicide! My dad turned 45 on march 16th and on the 17th he was found hanging on a door in the hall way of his house. He was found by his girlfriend of 20...

A friend committed suicide [ 2 Answers ]

Just a few days ago a friend committed suicide... It hasn't really hit me yet that she is gone, I saw her the night before she was found, she seemed happy and everything seemed just fine.. My best friend is really upset and keeps asking my why, why her.. I don't know what to say to her or how to...

Can you have someone committed for depression and thoughts of suicide [ 6 Answers ]

How can you have someone committed into a hospital for depression and thoughts of suicide? She has lost her kids, her boyfriend beats her every other day and she blames family for all that has gone wrong. Won't admit to police about boyfriend and now says she is going to kill herself by the 20th of...

View more questions Search