Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jogr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
    Immigrant Family Law
    I won't go into the whole story, but I married a woman in costa rica after I got her pregnant in america. It turned into my worst nightmare. I did this because I believed she would bring my daughter to here and live together as a family. When she got her green card and arrived by herself, she left a week later suddenly to go back. She came back a few weeks later and told me she was on birth control. Obviously not true. Never saw her taking them. Almost the day she found she was pregnant she turned cold on me. A few weeks after living with a violent, cold person, she left suddenly, after emptying out my bank account and leaving me to ask friends to cover rent for the month. Now she calls me from there telling me that she is filing for child support against me and divorce. Can she get support from me and not allow me to visit my children there as she stated to me? Can someone just use someone for a visa and to get pregnant and then abandon a marriage to another country and collect?

May 22, 2012, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jogr View Post
    I won't go into the whole story, but I married a woman in costa rica after I got her pregnant in america. It turned into my worst nightmare. I did this because I believed she would bring my daughter to here and live together as a family. When she got her green card and arrived by herself, she left a week later suddenly to go back. She came back a few weeks later and told me she was on birth control. Obviously not true. Never saw her taking them. Almost the day she found she was pregnant she turned cold on me. A few weeks after living with a violent, cold person, she left suddenly, after emptying out my bank account and leaving me to ask friends to cover rent for the month. Now she calls me from there telling me that she is filing for child support against me and divorce. Can she get support from me and not allow me to visit my children there as she stated to me? Can someone just use someone for a visa and to get pregnant and then abandon a marriage to another country and collect?!
    It might also be relevant that she never completed my daughter's us citizen paperwork. There was always excuses, including "forgetting" the money after a three hour bus ride through the country despite my numerous reminders.

May 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
    Anyone?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family law on common law relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about common-law relationship. I have been in this relationship for 15 years and it looks like we are heading in the "splitsville"!! I would like to know what are my rights? i.e. will I be entitled to a spousal support and what about my son, he lived with us for 15 years? ...

My son in law has abandoned his family, no food, money,etc. Can Ohio law do anything [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anything legally that can be done in the state of Ohio to a man arrested when he disappears leaves with no money, food, heat, car, etc. with wife and two young children.

Immigrant tax law [ 1 Answers ]

Do H1B visa holder pay taxes

View more questions Search