Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alefya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 05:30 PM
    What should I do if its my fault in an accident?
    Hi
    I need some help I just had accident yesterday on highway I was changing lane from fast lane to medium lane and somebody else also cut me off from slow lane to medium lane at the same time so I thought I won't be able to stop my car so I moved back into my fast lane and loss my control of my car and bumped into metal safe guard and wreck my car.so I don't know whether its my fault or my insurance is going to increase .I live in toronto. Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Were police called? Could you drive your car later? There was damage to city or county or state property, it sounds like.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
    It will be considered your fault, and yes the insurance may or may not raise your rates, there is nothing really you can do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

I had accident last month.It was other guy's fault.no police report.he says my fault [ 13 Answers ]

I had accident last month.It was other guy's fault. He admitted it. So I didn't call the police & no police report. After filing the claim with his insurance company, he has said that it was my fault. So his insurance company denied my claim. They say that they denied the claim because there is no...

Is it possible to get no fault auto accident changed to at fault? [ 0 Answers ]

The police declared the auto accident I was in a no fault because there was no witness to claim who was at fault. Should he have done more investigating to determine fault? Can I hire someone to investigate where fault was?

Is it possible to change a at fault auto accident to no fault in NYS [ 4 Answers ]

How do you get a at fault accident changed to no fault? No guide rails on the shoulder of a 20 foot drop made from a culvert pipe - was clearly not drivers fault but is on the accident report as at fault. No markers of any danger. Is there anything that can be done?

No fault accident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have question about a no fault accident.. I was driven the ice storm that we had in New Jersey and my truck hit a ice patch and spun out doing a 360 into the guard rail my air bags and everything deployed etc... no other cars was involed thank god but the truck I was driven was damged...

View more questions Search