Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Additional Parenting Time:
    a) Weekend: A once-a-month, weekend visit to the non-residential home will be permitted. The primary residential parent must be notified at least one week advance. The non-residential parent must bear the
    transportation costs.

b) Father’s Day or Mother’s Day can always be spent with the appropriate parent subject to the visiting parent bearing travel expenses.
    koolbreeze73 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by koolbreeze73 View Post
    I work and have a good job, and custody of ny other 3 kids. I also only have one yr left of ot school. Rt on a schedule to seattle is 450you on sale. But not on weekends. Then there us a rental car3 days,2 days hotel, and food. I will not stay at a dump. And minimim hotel is at least 95$1600 a nite, rental car 195$ weekend rt airfare 750-850
    Disreguard the 1600

Jul 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GV70 View Post
    Additional Parenting Time:
    a) Weekend: A once-a-month, weekend visit to the non-residential home wilul be permitted. The primary residential parent must be notified at least one week advance. The non-residential parent must bear the
    transportation costs.

b) Father’s Day or Mother’s Day can always be spent with the appropriate parent subject to the visiting parent bearing travel expenses.
    We are in hall county where there is a standing order against leaving the state witout permission.
    Family Law Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 01:30 PM
    We are in hall county where there is a standing order against leaving the state witout permission.
    LOL- That did not appear at your posts before...
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Standing orders to not apply when neither party has invoked the court's jurisdiction. Since at the present time neither party has filed with the Georgia court, it's inapplicable.

Otherwise, last time I was in Georgia, and I didn't ask the court for permission to return to Florida, I'm in trouble? Don't think so. :)

Jul 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
    Doesn't matter really, I will file for full custody when the child is born. She has a track record of keeping dads away and is manic depressive and off her meds.
    The father's of the other children have already committed to testify on how they are kept away. And not permitted visitation. They just don't have the funds to fight her in court. She doesn't even communicate with them she has her mom call and rake them out. What am I supposed to do? In order to go once a month I will have a crao load if expense and miss at least a day if work. I live kids and think they all deseeve a dad. I volunteer at the masonic home in macon ga and do all types of volunteer work for children. I take my kids to evsry dr /divorce dentist appt. Every parent teacher conference and help with their home work as well as her children when they were here. Member of national honor society at college level, and a disabled american veteran.
    What are my real options for my child to have a father?
    Family Law Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 01:46 PM
    What are my real options for my child to have a father?
    Good, but not before the child is born.It is almost unheard a father to be designated as the primary PHYSICAL custodian of a breastfed baby without proving the mother as UNFIT, but it means she will lose her other children and probably CPS will be involved, which is all but not good for all involved parties-TRUST ME! You have to wait a little... let the child be two or three year old and then you may file for physical custody based on "The best interest of a child".
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 01:47 PM
    ... What am i supposed to do? In order to go once a month i will have a crao load if expense and miss atleast a day if work. ...
    Once a month for cross-country visitation isn't a realistic option if your economic situation is such that you have to worry about missing a day of work. Either plan on relocating to Washington, getting custody, or getting a visitation schedule in which you have the child(ren) in Summers and perhaps some other major holidays.
    Family Law Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Once a month for cross-country visitation isn't a realistic option..
    Of course and especially when you expect someone else to pay for your trips.

Jul 21, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Of course and especially when you expect someone else to pay for your trips.
    A deviation of 450 Still has her paying me 380$ a month.

Jul 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Good, but not before the child is born.It is almost unheard a father to be designated as the primary PHYSICAL custodian of a breastfed baby without proving the mother as UNFIT, but it means she will lose her other children and probably CPS will be involved, which is all but not good for all involved parties-TRUST ME! You have to wait a little...let the child be two or three year old and then you may file for physical custody based on "The best interest of a child".
    So I don't have any options basically at this time? Her proposed parenting plan doesn't alliw the child to leave the state until 16.
    Breast milk and a severely depressed mother /d caretaker? Or a mother on her meds, using formula, and able to take care of a newborn, and 3 yr old a 8 yr old
    And 10 yr old all in a two bedroom double wide. EITHER way my son is screwed out there. Where they break federal laws, keep dads away and talk bad about the dads to the kids. He will never have stability, or be taught morality or anything else.
    Aa far as the money goes, I am debt free, perfect credit, and missing a day of work won't hurt me, but it remains that in oder for me to be a dad and give my son the chance at having a father it will cost me an extra house payment a month because she quit her meds without being under a doctors care and moved cross country? Nothing about that is right. Furthermore it seems really backwards when there was no reason whatsoever for divorce other than her mother brainwashing her and continually calling me making threats. What I thought was the woman if my dreams is a freakin nightmare.
    One huge mistake.
    I should have seen it coming

Jul 21, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Standing orders to not apply when neither party has invoked the court's jurisdiction. Since at the present time neither party has filed with the Georgia court, it's inapplicable
    Otherwise, last time I was in Georgia, and I didn't ask the court for permission to return to Florida, I'm in trouble? Don't think so. :)
    I guess, time will tell.
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
    So i dont have any options basically at this time? ...
    Sure you do. Aggressively litigate custody, with respect to the step-children now (if Georgia allows it; remember, for them, the UCCJEA clock is ticking); and for the unborn child, in Washington, when he is born.

... EITHER way my son is screwed out there. Where they break federal laws, ...
    Everybody breaks federal laws, from the president and attorney-general, on down. But which breakage are you referring to? Did your wife break federal laws?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Can you expand on that? Did you go to court to find her in contempt?

DO YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY??

You have options. They may not be many or great but you have them. But in this situation you need a good lawyer to find all your options and work at getting the best for your child and you. Don't give up because of what we tell you. We can cite the law and reference our experience, but we aren't on the front line. We don't know the whole story.

But I do have to agree that you should have seen this coming. I don't know what possessed you to marry this woman with such a history.
    Family Law Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 03:32 PM
    a deviation of 450 still has her paying me 380$ a month.
    Forget!
    Family Law Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Sure you do. Agressively litigate custody, with respect to the step-children now (if Georgia allows it
    No, Georgia does not allow it.

. Where they break federal laws, keep dads away and talk bad about the dads to the kids.
    Would you like to cite where moving away is breaking the federal laws? I have never seen such a law in my 27 years of experience.

Jul 21, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Can you expand on that? Did you go to court to find her in contempt?

DO YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY???

You have options. They may not be many or great but you have them. But in this situation you need a good lawyer to find all your options and work at getting the best for your child and you. Don't give up because of what we tell you. We can cite the law and reference our experience, but we aren't on the front line. We don't know the whole story.

But i do have to agree that you should have seen this coming. I don't know what possessed you to marry this woman with such a history.
    I HAVE ONE IN WA but not here yet. I do have one on standby. When I met her I was led to believe they were deadbeat dads, "that not hard to believe in this day." And was really unaware of the mental issues before we were married
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
    I HAVE ONE IN WA but not here yet. I do have one on standby. When i met her i was led to believe they were deadbeat dads, "that not hard to believe in this day." And was really unaware of the mental issues before we were married
    Who "led you to believe". How long were you together before you wed? Did you do any research to confirm what you were led to believe?

Jul 21, 2012, 03:45 PM
    No, Georgia does not allow it.

Would you like to cite where moving away is breaking the federal laws? I have never seen such a law in my 27 years of experience.
    Could be desertion but she hasn't been gone long enough

Jul 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Who "led you to believe". How long were you together before you wed? Did you do any research to confirm what you were led to believe?
    She did and no I didn't. I met her on a church dating site... go figure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the father of my unborn child get 50% custody if I want primary custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 months pregnant and the father of the child and I are no longer together. For personal reasons I want to give the child my last name, not his. He says he can CHANGE the baby's last name once a paternity test is done. Is that correct? Also, I want primary custody and would agree to give him...

Custody of an unborn child to the father? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a potential Grandmother of a young son whom may have gotten a woman pregnant. My son wants "custody" of this unborn child when it is born sometime in the fall. What are his chances of child custody? He is currently living in Virginia and wants to relocate out of the state once the child is...

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

View more questions Search