Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KSaylor110 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Freezing rain VS sleet
    What is the difference between freezing rain and sleet as used in weather forecasts?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Sleet

Sleet is the second type of winter precipitation. Sleet is raindrops which freeze into ice pellets before hitting the ground. It usually bounces off surfaces that it hits and does not stick to things. It can, however, accumulate like snow. This can be dangerous, especially to drivers on the road.

Freezing Rain

Freezing rain is rain which falls onto a surface which has a temperature below freezing. The rain then freezes when it hits the surface, such as a road, because the temperature of the surface is less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit. This is very dangerous because the freezing rain forms a coating of ice on the surface it hits. If the surface were a road or sidewalk, it could cause people traveling on it to slip or have an accident.
    erinlesile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KSaylor110
    What is the difference between freezing rain and sleet as used in weather forecasts?
    Where do the water from niagara falls go?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erinlesile
    where do the water from niagara falls go?
    Before we answer, have you done any research at all on this?
    12345ale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 05:06 PM
    lsjvbs;cbialncdsckc lshblicblijbfcs;oidbjs;diclsahc;bu
    bpb2140 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 09:07 PM
    What is the difference between sleet and freezing rain?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Singing in the Rain [ 3 Answers ]

Cna anyone give me their veiws on freindship or irony in the film :Singin in the Rain"?

Solutions to acid rain [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a report on the solutions to acid rain. I am wondering if anyone could help me find some solutions for acid rain and also tell me what it is. Thank you so much for your help! Also another thing that would be a big help is if you could gives me ideas on how to present my report. EX:...

Rain down my Chimney [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house that has an older model gas furnace with a brick chimney and when it rains I get water coming out of my vent pipe in my basement just before it attaches to the furnace. I do not have a cap on my chimney and was wondering if I should install one and if so what king should I buy? On...

Rain clouds [ 8 Answers ]

Why rain clouds are black? Clouds temperature is below 0 degree celsius. When Ice temperature is below 0 , that canot Penetrate light .

Acid rain [ 1 Answers ]

A biologist is testing the effects of acid rain on plant growth. She has 500 mL of a 12% acid solution, dut wants to use a 7% solution. To the nearest mL, how much water should she add to obtain the desired concentration?:eek:

View more questions Search