Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reree17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 02:45 AM
    How to stop letting low self esteem destroy my life?
    Myself esteem is REALLY low. I don't like going outside because I feel when people see me they will think 'ew' and I have to go to school but I'm always just so self-conscious that everyone is just looking at me and thinking that I'm disgusting. One boy said that I look like an ape and another said that I look like a man. One time in the line for canteen this boy said me and this other boy should date and the boy went "EWWW hell no! She's disgusting". I tried so hard not to cry. No boys have ever asked me out or fancied me. One guy told me that I'm obviously never going to get married.

Also in my school they're doing this 'prettiest girl in the year' competition and most girls in the year have been voted except for me. There was another voting category '40 year old virgin' and apparently I'm leading it. I look in the mirror sometimes and cry - I feel hideous. I mean it when I say that I hate the way I look. I really do.

Myself esteem was so low at one point that I never used my pictures online - I used pictures of other people or celebrities. I realised that it was wrong and now, for the first time, I'm going to upload pictures of myself recently with no makeup on whatsoever. Just to show you the truth and that I'm not lying. When you see the pictures please don't vomit or laugh or say mean things but tell me how I can improve my appearance? Thanks

http://i46.tinypic.com/29dvme1.jpg
    http://i49.tinypic.com/70kvhf.jpg
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2hcfhwn.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/2nrhjc9.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/301ogax.jpg
    http://i49.tinypic.com/289h0uu.jpg
    andrewjg Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 03:06 AM
    Hi Reree17,

Believe me school is a hard time for most, it was for myself even. I was fat and to be honest instead of taking what I was called to heart I tried to embraced it and laughed it off when in fact it was killing me inside. School is not the end of things. All you can try to do is keep a brave face on things, you ARE a naturally beautiful young woman and should NOT let anyone else tell you any different.

If you want to chat or if you have any other questions just ask.

Andy :) keep smiling
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2012, 06:10 AM
    Perfectly lovely pics !
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Beautiful! Those people "tease" (bully?) you only because they know they can get under your skin and upset you. What you can do is to make fun of yourself too in order to take the sting out of what someone said and show it doesn't bother you -- "Yup, my father was King Kong. You should see me when I climb up buildings" or "Forty-year-old virgin? You mean Virginia? Are you going there for vacation this summer?"

It's hard to think fast on your feet when someone insults you, so role-play with your mom or a good friend. Of course, if it becomes bullying, then it's time to report it to an adult, so other kids are spared the same treatment and the bully can get some help.

You do know, don't you, that people who bully or say things like what you hear are really scared inside and have to put someone else down so they can look big and important. They don't want people to pick on them for their big nose or crooked teeth or bad complexion or red hair or whatever is different about themselves.

Please stay in touch with u, and we will do our best to boost your confidence. Many of us have been through the same thing because we were too short or too tall or too fat or too thin or too-something. I was picked on because I was very good in grammar ("Comma Queen") and also shorter than nearly everyone else, so my line was that "good things come in small packages."

And I'm not sure I like it that a school has a "prettiest student" contest. Does the faculty support that?

By the way, when I looked at your pictures, I immediately thought of Malia Obama, President Obama's older daughter and also Mrs. Obama. Those are two lovely women not only to look like but to have as self-confident role models.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex destroy my life? [ 3 Answers ]

He cut all contact with me a night before me moving to another country and knowing that we`ll never see again, refuse to say goodbye to me and blocked me from all communication and acting like he is mad with me and never talk to me again.. it is been 6 months now never looked back.. why.. was I...

Low Self Esteem Now Affecting Everyday Life [ 24 Answers ]

I have really low self-esteem. It's been with me since childhood/teenlife. However, it's seems as though it's gotten worse and worse. Every minute I remember all the things that I feel is wrong with me. It's mostly my physcial self that I really hate. It's actually affected my marriage in the...

Do I have low self-esteem? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been told, many of times, that I have self-esteem issues. Tell me what you think. I am just curious. -I do think I am ugly. -I always have my hands up... blocking my mouth.. -I push my hair in my face. -I wear make-up. My entire family thinks I have low self-esteem. My mother...

Low self-esteem [ 7 Answers ]

Helloo.. well what can I say. I'm frustrated with the way that I look. I want to be one of those girls who doesn't need makeup. My boyfriend still hasn't seen me without makeup and its been a year and a half.. but I think I look terrible because I have really small and thin eyelashes and my eyes...

Low esteem.is it just me? [ 9 Answers ]

Well, my problem has been that my whole life I have been categorized as "overweight." But when I entered high school I lost some weight and got into exercising such as jogging, and kick-boxing. I grew out of my chubby phase, but I still don't feel like I fit in. I'm ashamed of my weight still. I'm...

View more questions Search