Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WuzWad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 05:29 PM
    My heat kicked on while air conditioner was running
    I have a heat pump on my heating and air conditioning unit. Today while the AC was running and had possibly just reached the proper temp and shut off... I wondered why I felt warm air circulating. I checked the vents and sure enough heat was coming through. I shut the system off but the furnace kept runnng and heat kept coming out of the vents. I had to throw the breaker to get it to shut off.
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

May 22, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Do you have a heat pump only or aux heat along with it?

Are you sure the vents were not blowing ambient air and it was defiantely hot 95 degree+ air?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My air conditioner was running but would not blow air, then today it works fine? [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday my air condition would turn on, but wouldn't blow air. Today it works just fine

My air conditioner keeps running won't stop running [ 4 Answers ]

I had my stytem repaired outside with new charge of feon it also had some leaks.Was my Brother in Law he is Certified.Have checked the thermostat taken it of the wall still running.Works fine on heat stops at temp and restarts good. Thanks for any Help bedotth

Turn heat on and outside air conditioner is running [ 1 Answers ]

I turn my basement heating unit to 76 degrees and the unit starts but the real heat doesn't starting flowinguntil the outside air conditioning unit comes on outside. The temp is 10 degrees outside, why do the air conditioner outside have to run for heat inside?

Air conditioner running but air coming out of vents is warm [ 24 Answers ]

My air conditioner is running but warm air is coming out of the vents. Can u help?

View more questions Search