Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soccerlover9121 Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

May 21, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Any good soccer conditioning camps in New England?
    I am planning to play soccer in high school in the fall, but I haven't been able to find a good conditioning skills camp near New England. All the programs I've found I've been too late to sign up for. I can self-motivate myself for a few weeks, but after that I lose my motivation. Does anyone know of any good camps I could go to? Any suggestions would be really helpful!
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

May 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerlover9121 View Post
    I am planning to play soccer in high school in the fall, but I haven't been able to find a good conditioning skills camp near New England. All the programs I've found I've been too late to sign up for. I can self-motivate myself for a few weeks, but after that I lose my motivation. Does anyone know of any good camps I could go to? Any suggestions would be really helpful!
    As I am not familiar with what's available in New England (I'm in California) I can only suggest some ideas for how to stay conditioned and improve your performance. Adidas has a mi-coach system that they've been pitching for a while which might be helpful. Likewise, Nike has Nike Fuel which is a neat way to challenge yourself. If you have a smart phone download a training app that you have to keep updating so you get "points or rewards." If you are serious about getting into very competitive soccer you have to be self-motivated. And using these tools now is a great way to do it with yourself. Of course, getting a personal trainer is another alternative but a quite expensive. Some of these apps out there can do the trick. And many have a social aspect so you are challenging friends which hopefully motivates you as well. Finally, why not sign up for a triathlon or half-marathon and set a time goal that you want to meet. If you don't successfully meet that figure out your "punishment."

Just some ideas... but good luck in your training and your soccer goals (no pun intended).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good exercises for soccer player running out of breath [ 6 Answers ]

I coach a U14 Boys soccer team and one of my players says he runs out of breath very easily. I used to have this problem (still do when I play). He is asking for conditioning exercises he could do to develop his lung capacity and keep him from getting winded so easily. I've told him to warm up...

What is a good book to read about New England history? [ 3 Answers ]

Our family (myself, wife and two boys) going on a trip starting in Boston and traveling down to DC. We have a week there and really want to use this as an opportunity to learn about American revolutionary history. Any books or things to do while on our trip would be great. Thanks in advance.

Army Camps? [ 0 Answers ]

I want to join the army so I can serve my country... I'm just about to finish college and don't know what to do with my life... However, I want to be sure I know what I'm jumping into. Do you guys know of any camps that would simulate the army experience? I tried googling but all I can find are...

Wrestling camps [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any wresting camps for beginner girls?

Forensic Summer Camps! [ 1 Answers ]

This isn't really a question, but more of something that I thought everyone would be interested in, since this is a Forensic Science forum. I found these two great Summer Camps for Forensics for high school students, and I thought this would be the perfect place to share them with you! Union...

View more questions Search