Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amybhs85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
    If I move out of state does my child custody case move too?
    We live on the border of Michigan and Ohio... When we made our custody agreement I lived in Michigan and this is where the case is. Now I live in Ohio where the dad lives does my case move too?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 22, 2012, 04:16 AM
    If you have both moved from the home state then it moves to where the child / children have lived for at least 6 months. You will have to petition the courts to have the case moved and include the reasons for doing so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If there is no court order for custody for my child can the mother move out of state [ 3 Answers ]

The mother and I split up and she moved to her moms house. Then I find out she moved to Michigan with an ex boyfriend a couple days later. She didn't tell me or even let me see him before she left. She even parked the truck I let her use in a parking lot with keys stashed in the wheel well

No child custody order, can I move out of state? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter's father has been in and out of trouble, and on/off heroin for the past 6 yrs. He doesn't pay child support and is not court ordered to do so. He gets supervised visits with her because of his drug use and a few weeks ago, he stated that he is bad off on drugs and was going to rehab. A...

Custody case.can I move? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I filed for sole custody (with no visitation) of my son last year. His dad had tried to kidnap him after he had gone over to his house one weekend. I guess he was going to run off to Washington with him and hide him or something. His dad had been MIA for years so I had never bothered with the...

I have joint custody with my ex. Can she move out of state with my child. [ 6 Answers ]

I have joint custody with my ex. She has remarried someone she met on the internet can she move out of state with my child.

Out of state (from AZ) move with "joint custody" child? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in AZ and have joint custody of 9-year-old daughter. My ex-wife recently met someone out of state whom she plans on starting a life with, and she just informed me she plans on moving out of state with my daughter at the end of the school year. AZ law will not permit this, will it? What...

View more questions Search