Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    59LesPaul Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Help with a girl in a sensitive situation.
    I'll try and make this quick. (FYI, We're in highschool)

I knew this girl acouple years ago. I hadn't talked to her since then, until about a year ago when I decided to look her up. Which I did, and I successfully reconnected with her.

We started to really get to know each other and soon enough I found out she was in love with this guy. Since we hadn't hung out yet or anything, meaning I still hadn't seen her for years, I knew I didn't have a shot to sway her over. So I decided I would help them get together, while getting closer to her at the same time. I knew he liked her, and I figured since its high school, its fairly unlikely it'll last. But don't get me wrong, all I wanted was for her to be happy, even if it meant them being together forever. But if and when they did break up I'd be there to catch her.

Well I helped get them together. Its been a year. They're still together, and her and I are really close. But their relationship is struggling.

The guy is troubled and dealing with depression. He's done drugs and even attempted suicide. They just had their anniversary, and he forgot. He won't tell her what's going on, says its "for her safety", and its tearing her up inside. But she is still crazy about him.

I've tried putting my feelings aside, because I do just want her to be happy. But this guy is making her cry herself to sleep.

So, to make things worse. After talking on the internet regularly for a whole year, (as I said growing very close), we actually saw each other for the first time in what must've been 5 years. Up until that day, I had forgotten about my feelings for her, and had set my eyes on other girls. But that all changed when I saw her. All the feelings I had locked up, came out, and I don't know what to do.

Even if they do break up, do I tell her how I feel? I'm afraid I'm locked deeper in the friend zone then anyone has ever been. But since we're just now starting to seeing each other in person, do I still have a chance?

Thanks for reading this, it means a lot.
    I have no idea what to do, and any answers will be greatly appreciated.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 21, 2012, 05:15 PM
    As far as she is concerned you are her friend and she has a boyfriend.
    If you can't deal with being in the friend zone, cut the contact but that is all you do. She is still attached.
    59LesPaul Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 06:58 AM
    Yeah I understand I'm in the friend zone. I guess what I'm trying to ask is. Once they do break up, (He's tearing her up emotionally). How do I show this girl, I've been here for her the entire time, and how do I work my way out of the friend zone, once he's out of the picture?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

May 22, 2012, 07:04 AM
    She knows you are a good friend, that does not mean she would want you as a boy friend. You can't make her feel otherwise.
    Once she breaks up with this guy (if she does) she needs time to heal. She does not need you sniffing around her waiting to be her boyfriend.
    The girl either likes you that way or she doesn't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling down about girl situation [ 3 Answers ]

I started seeing this girl around June last year, we were never official because she was going travelling early 2011. We still went out etc and spoke all the time and I grew quite fond of the girl. I told her how much I liked her but we never mentioned what would happen when she got back as I...

In a confusing situation with a girl [ 3 Answers ]

So me and this girl have been seeing each other for 3 months. It has been kind of rough but I truly do care for her. I could tell something was up 2 weeks in and about a little over a month she told me. She was raped and it answered a lot of the questions I had as to why she all of a sudden didn't...

A complicated situation with a girl. [ 13 Answers ]

There's this girl whom I've known for a couple of months. Talked a lot and stuff, we liked each other however she told me sometime in January that she had a boyfriend, pretty much just losing all my chances of actually being with her, which was messed up because she was talking to me while she was...

How do I deal with this sensitive situation? [ 31 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I've just come across this forum while searching for any advice I could possibly find!! So here is my situation... My ex split up with me just over 3 weeks ago. We had only been together for 5.5 months, and everything seemed perfect. We worked through many probs together....

New girl situation [ 11 Answers ]

Please advise me. I been talking to this girl for a while about going out with her and stuff and we fancy each other like crazy Anyway, I been playing it by the 'deangelo' text book, not been needy wussy any of that, I have showed her I want her but not said it. So we went to her grans at...

View more questions Search