Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdaino Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

May 21, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Would you survive?
    If a prominent leader came into control of the most influential countries, offering global stabilization and easy lifestyle, as well as wealth for everybody of every nationality, would you support him, or not?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 21, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Go on then would this be Stalin per chance or some other dictator..
    In theory, pure communism is an excellent idea, but some need to be more equal that others, and the system breaks down, Comrade..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
    Since there can not be "wealth" for everyone, it is not possible, since to have wealth, others have to be poor, so there is a difference. Like happiness, no one would know it, unless there is pain.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 22, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    it is not possible, since to have wealth, others have to be poor.
    Not necessarily true - economics is not always a "zero sum game." Thanks to Adam Smith and the invisible hand of free enterprise whenever two people reach a bargain for exchange of goods or services both profit. For example I think it's clear that the median standard of living in virtually all countries that practice some form of free enterprise has risen substantially over the past 50 years. Such is not always the case in those countries that do not - think North Korea for example. I'm not suggesting that there is no poverty - just that standards of living improve over time.

To the OP - the concept of a single leader coming into "control" of all the most influential countries implies subjugation, most likely through war - so on that basis I would say no. And the word "control" implies an absence of free enterprise, free expression, and limitations of choice - and in my opinion this would inevitably lead to the doom of such a society (much as it did in the Soviet Union, for example) . So again, my answer is no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How will I survive? [ 38 Answers ]

Here's my story.. so unique and so similar to all sad love stories... I was in relationship with a man who is younger than me.. I'm in my 40's and he's in his 30's. First 2 years we were just friends (with romantic feelings) and after that 4 years together.. until Monday.we fought a lot in past 3...

Can I survive this? [ 8 Answers ]

My present husband and I met in 1998, and I fell hopelessly in love with him, He left in 1999 to study, and we got married in 2000. I visited him very often, and also supported him financially while he was away. We had our baby two years later. In 2002, on one of my trips I was told that he was...

How do I survive heartbreak? [ 6 Answers ]

11 months ago I ran into a childhood friend of mine and we started dating shortly after. The summer went by and I left to go back to school in the midwest. I lived on the west coast at the time, but we decided to stay together. When he came to visit me I found out he had previously cheated on me...

Will our relationship be able to survive? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for awhile now. I love him so much and he loves me. Well here lately its been hard for us to see each other and its really starting to get to me. I haven't seen him for three weeks. He works and I work and a lot of things seem to be getting in the way. Plus school is...

View more questions Search