Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nesh13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
    how much torque needed to move platform with 3kg load
    hi ,

Please explain how much torque needed for a DC motor to move/rotate at constantly slow pace( a = 0 m/s^2) of a platform with radius 15cm and load 3kg( on top of the platform, weight distributed evenly). The DC motor is located below this platform, and geared in its middle to spin it.

Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
    Depending on how well the bearings are designed, the answer is not much torque is needed at all. Any reasonable battery-powered electric motor could be geared to make this work. Is there a specific motor you have in mind?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The torque required to rotate a shaft with a certain load... [ 4 Answers ]

O.k. here is the situation: A rotating clothes dryer, with a rotational diameter of 2.7m, caries a load of 30kg. I need to find out what torque is required to rotate the clothes dryer from the centre shaft. Can anybody help me with any relevant equations? thanks, joe.

Calculating torque to move an object [ 22 Answers ]

Can somebody please tell me how I calculate how much torque is required to turn a wheel to move an object weighing 80Kgs

Torque to Move Bicycle from Rest [ 6 Answers ]

The following attached file is a free body diagram for a bicycle. Please excuse the crudity of the drawing, I drew it on paint. The bicycle weighs 100 kilograms with the rider on it and has 26 inch wheels. The bicycle is at rest. The static coefficient of friction between the wheels and the road is...

Cacluating Torque to Move Object [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bicycle with 26 inch diameter wheels that weighs 200 pounds with the rider on it. The bicycle has two wheels. How much torque would this bicycle need to maintain a constant speed of 20mph? Assuming no air resistance?

Move toilet 3 feet over concrete slab, building platform [ 6 Answers ]

I know there have been many other posts about moving toilets, which have been quite helpful, but I'm posting this to get additional info for my particular project. The renovation is for a 60"x90" bathroom that currently has an unnecessarily large vanity and the toilet as a focal point. See...

View more questions Search