Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cute_panda05 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 06:06 AM
    General journal entries
    Issued an adjustment(credit) note to hand Ltd for defective goods sold on 25 June, $125

Dr sales
    CR Accounts receivable
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2012, 06:39 AM
    Your Debit will be to Sales Returns and Allowances

You will also have one more journal entry to record on the sales return. You will need the cost of inventory being returned.

Debit Inventory
    Credit Cost of Goods Sold
    cute_panda05 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pready View Post
    Your Debit will be to Sales Returns and Allowances

You will also have one more journal entry to record on the sales return. You will need the cost of inventory being returned.

Debit Inventory
    Credit Cost of Goods Sold
    Thanks! Could you help me with this transation: received an ajustment (credit) note from Love Ltd for inventory returned, $120

IS IT DR Sales returns and allowance
    CR Accounts receivable
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Your question has been answered in my previous post.

You are correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Journal Entries [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make a general journal entry for expenses the owner has paid out of his pocket? This is a new business and beginning capital came from an invoice to a customer and not the owner.

I am working on a Comprehensive Problem. One of the transaction is: Recorded weeks cash receipts for photo work $1350 Recorded 2nd weeks cash receipts for photo work $2170 etc. In the General Journal would this transaction go under? Cash - Debit side Photography Revenue - Credit side...

General journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

Sr. Citizens recievables represents visits made by hair inc to area sr citizens centers after giving giving haircuts one day hair inc bills sr center $2500 For the general journal entry do I Debit cash 2500 And credit sr center recievables 2500

General JOUrnal entries [ 1 Answers ]

What do I debt and credit on a general journal entry for this problem Cash revenues received for various services were mens haircuts 3,200 women's 4,800 perms 980 and senior citizens 680? Please help!

Hair Inc purchased a car for employees to use when driving to off site haircuts. Record as hair equipment. Cost of the car is $21,000, $10,000 is paid in cash and the reminder is financed with a 3 yr 8% note payable the principle amount being paid in full December 1 2009 interest is paid annually...

View more questions Search