Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOHNSROCHE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Corian Countertop Repair
    I was drilling on my white Corian kitchen countertop and accidentally drilled 2 holes about 1/8" deep into a Corian countertop. The holes are too deep to sand away. Is there a way to repair these holes with some kind of fill?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Ay yi yi John! You have created a major problem for yourself here, as I am sure you are aware. No matter what fill is used, it is not going to look very good. The patch job will be obvious. The best thing for you to do would be to cut out the section and replace with a matching section. It needs to be done in a way that it won't look obvious, so it will probably have to be as large a section as is affordable.

The only other advice I can give you is to call Dupont (they manufacture Corian) directly and ask if there is a filler they use, if you do not want to replace the piece.

Here is the link. Customer service number is on it.

Customer Care

Good Luck!
    KIKE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Ay yi yi John! You have created a major problem for yourself here, as I am sure you are aware. No matter what fill is used, it is not going to look very good. The patch job will be obvious. The best thing for you to do would be to cut out the section and replace with a matching section. It needs to be done in a way that it won't look obvious, so it will probably have to be as large a section as is affordable.

The only other advice I can give you is to call Dupont (they manufacture Corian) directly and ask if there is a filler they use, if you do not want to replace the piece.

Here is the link. Customer service number is on it.

Customer Care

Good Luck!
    Corian can be filled and polished go to coutrtops repair shop don't do it yourself find apro
    Ggod luck
    kidolph Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Apr 6, 2007, 07:40 AM
    The proper way to repair this is to use a "dutchman" That is to cut an appropriate plug with a plug cutter from another piece of the material. Then drill out the mistake, all of the way through. Insert the plug with the appropriate glue and allow to cure. Sand off. If it is not satisfactory it can still be repaired by a pro.

I hope this helps
    Ken
    CORIAN® for the Creative - CO
    NY2CA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kidolph
    The proper way to repair this is to use a "dutchman" That is to cut an appropriate plug with a plug cutter from another piece of the material. Then drill out the mistake, all of the way through. Insert the plug with the appropriate glue and allow to cure. Sand off. if it is not satisfactory it can still be repaired by a pro.

I hope this helps
    Ken
    CORIAN® for the Creative - CO
    Hey all - similar situation but much smaller gouge to repair. Had a knife slip and put a small gouge in the counter, probably need just a spot of some sort of filler. For something this small what would you recommend?

Thanks
    kidolph Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Apr 11, 2007, 04:19 AM
    I am currently writing a book on all of the types of repairs that can be done by a home owner. What you have falls into a grey area. Some can be done and some not. It also depends on what you are willing to put up with in the end.
    Call me you can get my number by clicking on my signature line
    creativeintro com Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 11:05 PM
    Well actually for a repair like yours I would suggest an easy fix. Since the holes are only 1/8" deep, you could fill them with glue and depending on the color of the material the repair may look great. Colors like Glacier White, Cameo, and Bone are perfect candidates to use the glue because it matches real well.
    1. Clean hole with alcohol.
    2. Fill hole with color matched glue.
    3. After the glue dries 15-20 minutes, sand area to appropriate finish.

This method is very easy. The hard part is locating the glue. Go to my website Creative Home and call us and we can get you glue. Even if your material is a speckled material if it is only small holes you can fill it with the proper glue. In that case the repair will be more visible but you will not have a hole anymore.

For more information on Corian repairs and solid surface repair visit my website at Creative Home. We are in South Florida. Thank you, Robert.
    LinkUp45039 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 07:31 AM
    You can see that Corian can actually be patched! By a professional, of course. See this repair process in detail under "Types of Repairs" at www.toprepair.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian Countertop Repair [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone have a good product to sand a lightly scratched corian countertop? Dupont only gives general guidelines. The scratches are from normal use. Thanks

New countertop experiment? [ 7 Answers ]

We were watching DIY network and they showed us how to redo the kitchen countertops using epoxy grout for the entire surface. We were wondering if anyone has really tried this and if so, what were the outcomes? Is it worth it or will it just make the kitchen look worse than it already is. It was...

Solid Countertop (Corian or Similar) Crack Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Someone in our home cut directly on our countertop, then later I stood on the countertop near the cut, and I believe the cut mark then acted like a score mark on glass and the counter broke or cracked all the way through. The 1/2 inch solid material. The countertop is made of a solid material...

Island countertop sinks [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new house that will have an island countertop sink that will be 7 feet from the closest wall. How will I vent the 2 inch vent line??

Any Countertop Ideas Needed ! [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I Have Never Posted On Any Site Before , So Please Be Patient. I Need To Know If Anyone Has Ideas On Replacing , Resurfacing Or Painting Our Existing Kitchen Countertops. We Have Laminate Tops Now And Have Gotten Bids For Just Replacing The Sheets And For Actually Replacing The Whole Thing....

View more questions Search