Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sptully Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 09:34 PM
    What third party code applies to bank accounts
    I am A cosigner on my dads bank account a lawyer put a levy on his account he was told to fill out either form ccp 720.110 or 720.210 but he does not know which one applies to him. Need an explanaton so he can fill out the correct one.

Thank you for the help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 21, 2012, 05:27 AM
    First ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Second who told him this? What is the purpose of these forms? Are these bank forms or court forms or what?

You really can't expect us to help without more background.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 21, 2012, 05:56 AM
    The form numbers are references to sections in the California Civil Code.

"720.110. A third person claiming ownership or the right to possession of property ..."

"720.210. (a) Where personal property has been levied upon under a writ of attachment, a writ of execution, a prejudgment or postjudgment writ of possession, or a writ of sale, a third person claiming a security interest in or lien on the personal property may make a third-party claim ..."

If OP or OP's dad claims ownership of the account, it appears that section 110 would apply.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 21, 2012, 08:27 AM
    First we need to confirm if that's what the OP is referring to. Second, we need to understand what happened. It appears the OP has a judgment against him and they levied his father's account because his name is on it as an owner. In which case The father will have to prove the funds were all his. not with a form, but by providing bank statements. He would be doing this under the law cited.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can credit card companies axcess any bank accounts other then their bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Can a credit card company excess any other banks accounts

What code applies to subfed panel in the electrical code [ 1 Answers ]

What section of the code (electrical) applies to subfed panels

One person, Two bank accounts, One bank. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm quite a young and unexperienced adult... I need a second bank account and my question is... Do banks allow you to have two bank accounts for one person in the same bank?

Bank a/c frozen due to third party [ 1 Answers ]

Just found out my bank a/c was frozen. Placed my daughter's name on my account. She had a cc default judgement and I didn't know. What option do I have?

View more questions Search