Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ekramer30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 07:54 PM
    Restoring a historic home
    I am looking to purchase a historical home in Carmel, in that is bank owned and about to be torn down to either build a new home or commercialize. It was built by a man named James Mcshane in 1886. He was one of the first pioneers to settle in Carmel in 1825. While I can afford the price of the home I cannot afford the restoring costs. I am a project manager at a construction company so I would be able to do it myself just do not have sufficient funds. It would be unfortunate to lose one of the last pieces of history the city has.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 08:02 PM
    It is a shame, but I don't seem to see a question.

You borrow money, get a loan to buy the house and/or to do a restore of the home.
    Ekramer30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 08:16 PM
    My question was more so can you get a grant to restore a home? The city has become so commercialized and I doubt the city itself would be willing to.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 22, 2012, 06:18 AM
    Many towns have a historical society that may be willing to help out, but usually with retrictions. Unless this home has significant historic value it's unlikely that there would be much grant money available, especially for a private residence. Is it a building worthy of being tuirned into some sort of museum - perhaps to showcase life in the mid-1800's?

I'm also curious as to where this is - Carmel Califiornia? Carmel Indiana? Carmel Israel?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Historic Property Values [ 1 Answers ]

How would I go about finding the evaluation of a property back in January of 2009? My brother and I inherited a property back then, rented it for awhile and sold it this year. Need to know the past evaluation for tax purposes.

Historic events [ 2 Answers ]

What are the important historic and political events of India and its neighbouring countries in 2006, 2007 2008?

A Historic Day [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, Just in case anyone out there was familiar with this issue or indeed just interested in world news, today was a very historic day in Australia. After years of politicking the Federal Government apologised to our indigenous people for past mistreatments and in particular to the...

Strange Items Hanging on Walls in Historic Home [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone... it's good to stop by again... My family stopped by to check out the home of our ancestors, which is unfortunately being torn down by a developing company. It was in bad shape and has not been inhabited for many, many years. One of the few things that was left in the home...

Rewiring in historic house [ 2 Answers ]

I have plaster walls with lathe backing. In historic district so conduit that shows won't work, need to install new wiring and outlet boxes because upgrading service to today's standards and eliminating knob and tube wiring. Need help with installing wiring and boxes for outlets in the plaster...

View more questions Search