Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alittle1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 07:22 PM
    wet spot on rug?
    In our bathroom in front of the sink cabinet about 6" is an oval wet spot 10" x 5" & a smaller spot now appearing next to it. The house is on a crawlspace I went under there and could see no leakage in there. I couldn't see any water inlet so I imagine it maybe above the insulation in the crawlspace which I didn't remove. Could this be a drainage leak? Or, should I remove the insulation below this leak and see if I can see anything? Help, need help. Thanks
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2012, 11:12 PM
    Did u check inside the sink cabinet for a wet spot? Check the pipes under sink for wetness also. If nothing is visible, then remove insulation to check in crawl space.

Let us know the outcome or if this helps.

Good luck

Chuck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2012, 05:59 AM
    I take it that you've already checked the cabinet to see if anything's leaking in there. You have no choice, You're going to have to locate the source of the leak. Go in the crawl space and start looking. Get back to me with the results. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cause of a mysterious wet spot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem that has stumped both an AC tech and a plumber. I have an acadian style house. On the back porch, there is a wet spot on the ceiling in the same location where the upstairs AC is. We had the drain line checked (clear) and the plumber thought the drain elbow (under the eaves...

Why is there a wet spot on the floor under my swamp cooler... yes it goes away when t [ 1 Answers ]

What is causing the wet spot on the floor under my swamp cooler? Yes it goes away when the cooler is off

Can I put a jute backed rug on a laminate without a rug pad or will it ruin thefloor [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Pergo laminate floor and I want to buy a jute backed rug to put on part of the floor. Do I need a rug pad (and what kind) or can I just lay the rug without ruining the laminate flooring.

Wet spot in wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wet spot in the middle of an interior wall. The area backs up to a bathroom and has a vent pipe in the cavity. The vent runs up to the attic then crosses the flooor for about 20 feet before venting outside.The pitch is away from the area getting damp.Any ideas?

Small spot on rug wet--on slab--no basement [ 1 Answers ]

We have noticed a small wet spot on our rug, which happens to be next to a ceramic tile, near our entryway. The wet spot is about 3" from a closet, and on the other side of the back of the closet wall is our laundry room, with washer and dryer. The grout on the tile next to the wet spot is...

View more questions Search