Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephanieyost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Toe pain and discoloration
    For the last two years about the same time (February), I have developed numbness and pain and discoloration in the same toe. It appears to be a blister, however the pain kept me up all night. Last year I attributed the pain to exfoliating and going to the tanning bed before vacation. However this time I have done neither. The only thing I have done is walk a mile and a half a day. That was three days ago. Feels like there is a rubber band around my toe and it is slightly purple. I am really frustrated help! Stephanie ps not a diabetic
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 25, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Well, you answered my first question. So, you are not a diabetic.

You really need to have this checked out. It means that you are lacking circulation to this area.

You need to let your doctor know what is going on, because this can possibly untimately cause the loss of your toe eventually if not taken care of properly.

Whenever we have numbness or tingling, or change of color to an extremity it means that there is lack of proper blood circulation to that extremity. There can be MANY causes other than diabetes. And you need to find out exactly what is causing this to you, unfortunately only your doctor can do this because he need to check your capillary refills (we can't do this over the internet), he will most likely need to take some blood, etc etc.

Please make an appointment before this gets out of hand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toe touch [ 10 Answers ]

?? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the high school team!

Moles/facial discoloration [ 2 Answers ]

I have moles on my face, they attract a lot of attention, is there any way that I can remove them, do you think laser surgery will be a good idea? Flava

Toe Touches [ 3 Answers ]

I need help on my toe touches. They are high and my legs are straight but I can't roll my hips. Does anyone have any tips or drills I could use to work on them?:confused:

White discoloration leaching on cinder block in garage [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: The cinder block in my garage appears to be leaching a white powder. These is no obvious sign of water. The garage is attached to my house. The house is on a slight slope so the garage is somewhat (about 2 feet) under the ground level. I suspect it's moisture problem but I'm not...

Age spots, discoloration and sagging skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have lots of age spots and discoloration and sagging skin can someone suggest the best skin lightner and antiaging product on the market please Thanks

View more questions Search