Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erczi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 04:41 PM
    How to change red hair color to brown
    How do you change medium brown hair that is dyed "hazlenut brown" but has come out as red/brassy dark brown? I want my original medium brown colour back. Have tried dying it "golden blond" to get rid of the red, but it just made it worse! Help!
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

May 20, 2012, 08:35 PM
    You will need to balance out the color with a "cool" shade.. anything in the "ash" line will work, but be fore warned that red tends to stick a little better than the cool colors so you will probably need to re-touch in about a month... mind you I'm not an expert but this is what worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair Color Change - No Red [ 2 Answers ]

Before I make any mistakes, how do I change my hair color from dark brown to light brown with out the brassy red look?

I have red hair and brown eye and don't know what color to wear blue is already taken h [ 4 Answers ]

Hey i have red hair ans im white white idk what color to wear because the color i pick is taken

Change red hair dye to brown [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change my dark red hair( looks almost like a dark brown with red) to a medium dark brown with caramel highlights?

I died my hair red and I want my natural brown color back [ 3 Answers ]

About 4 months ago, I died my hair red. I loved it, it looks beautiful with my skin tone, and it really brings out my green eyes. Since then I died it in that color 3 more times. But I'm a student, and so is my husband. I didn't really realize how expensive it can be to color your hair every month....

View more questions Search