Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slhuntlpn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 11:48 AM
    What to do if howell heat pump heats but doesn't cool?
    I have a brand new unit that is not cooling. The heat pump works, so it has electricity but it is stuck on heat. Any suggestions?
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

May 21, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Bad wiring by the install hacks.

call them back and tell them to start at the t-stat and get to it
    Thinking orange wire - reversing valve but it is on them. This should be HVAC 101 stuff
    slhuntlpn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Ok my dad is doing this. He does commercial units. Easy on names please! He just cannot figure out why it wasn't working. He is just not used to these types of units. So can you explain to me what you are saying please. So it is wired incorrectly? He thought that but the diagram was showing differently. That is why he was stumped. And he has tried different combos on the wiring and still same thing happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Heat Pump heats but doesn't cool. Air is circulating. [ 1 Answers ]

My heat pump heats just fine, and the air handler is working, but it won't do the A/C in summer. I had this problem with another hp and it turned out to be the thermostat. Are there other things I should consider before replacing the thermostat? Ducts are being cleaned.

Heat pump heats in cool, does nothing in heat? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1997 model Coleman Evcon heat pump. It has worked fine for the last 13 years, up until this summer when I set it to "cool". Hot air blew out and cooked my house until I turned it off. I replaced the thermostat thinking it finally gave out, but the system still did the same with the new...

Bryant heat pump heats but doesn't cool. [ 0 Answers ]

This past winter my Bryant heat pump was working fine, then one night the blower motor would not shut off. Had to trip the breakers to get the blower to stop. The outside fan would come on for heat, but not for cool now that it is warm and I need cooling, the unit will not blow cold air. The...

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

View more questions Search