Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zurc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 07:18 PM
    Need help I believe its un-lawful
    I was cheated on by my wife whom she still lives with the man. My wife had a daughter before we got married of one year. Now after me leaving the home because she had this other man in my home and me having no job I moved back to my parents. She had a job wich she lost for having an affair with this man who was also a co-worker and did not bother me for child support till she found out I landed a good job. Now I feel I'm supporting her and her boyfriend if I lose this case. She never once took the child's real dad to court for child support so I want to now how can I defend myself when I don't want nothing to do with her and live my life in peace.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 20, 2012, 04:56 AM
    The easy answer is to get an attorney. If the child was from a previous relationship you may not be held responsible for child support, but you might be held responsible for spousal support. Depends on the laws where you live.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 20, 2012, 05:15 AM
    You are not being clear.

Is she suing you for divorce and child support?
    If so, is she alleging that the child is yours?
    If so, what proof does she allege?
    zurc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    You are not being clear.

Is she suing you for divorce and child support?
    If so, is she alleging that the child is yours?
    If so, what proof does she allege?
    No she is not claiming that the child is mine, we both know that. She wants me being a step father to pay child support when I never legaly adopted the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it lawful for an employer [ 3 Answers ]

To refuse to hire an applicant who was granted a health care waiver by the state?

Lawful reasons to miss work [ 5 Answers ]

Lawful reasons to miss work?

Lawful justification [ 3 Answers ]

I was convicted on two count of assult. My question is can I travel to another country (cuba/jamacia) with this affence. The charge or sentence handed down was two counts of assult with a suspended sentence and 12months of probation. If I noitify my PO of my travel arrangements can I still go...

View more questions Search