Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddysan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
    Water dripping out of the air handler
    I had a new air handler and evaporator coil put in in October, 2011 however I just learned that water has been dripping out of the white tubing connected to the handler and has caused damage to the dry wall around the unit. I called the air condition man to come back and look at the system and he said it was a plumbing problem, that the water was not draining. We both didn't understand where the water was coming from because the unit has not been on since it was installed because there was no need for air conditioning. What is happening and who do I get to fix this problem.
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

May 21, 2012, 08:19 AM
    If unit has not been running than it cannot be condensate from the coil - yes

Are you absolutely sure it is from the pvc drain that attaches to the air handler. Even if it is dripping I would hold the a/c guy to at least blow out the line with some nitrogen and/or cut it open to take a look.

even better you can do it for 75 cents in home depot pvc fittings and glue.

Own it and find out for yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Condesation dripping Trane air handler. [ 2 Answers ]

Why would condensation be dripping from where the gas/refrigerant lines go into my Trane air hanler (split system; air handler is right horizontal)? System appear to be working fine, but am concerned about moisture coming from somewhere other than drip pan or condensation pipe. System is new.

Air handler dripping water [ 2 Answers ]

I have water dripping from my air handler. I suspect the drain line is clogged. Is there anything I can do myself without calling an a/c company?

Water Dripping on the Air Conditioner - Air Filter [Trane Unit] [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Trane AC unit and off late I have observed am issue Condensate Water has begun Drip on Filter. The technician told that the freon level is on and there is no bildup or clog in the condensate water collection tray or the pipe draining out the water. However he has not been...

Water Dripping from Air Handler [ 8 Answers ]

I have a newly installed, (maybe four months ago), central AC unit. It is a split system, 3.5 tons, Rheem 13 SEER. Both the compressor and the air handler were replaced. All was working fine until yesterday, when I began hearing a dripping sound coming from beneath the air handler. A quick look...

View more questions Search