Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lita_baca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 07:37 AM
    When should I start feeding my dogs puppies?
    My dog just had puppies on February 6,2007 but when should I start feeding them real puppy food?they are 19 days old.:eek: :eek:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Usually you start offering them puppy chow softened with water at 4 weeks. You would know that and much more you need to, if you had done any of the research necessary for responsible breeding. If you are unwilling to do the work to breed responsibly, please have your dog spayed once she is back to normal. A good start on learning what you need to know is at American Kennel Club - akc.org under breeding. If you have any doubts about the importance of responsible breeding, go to www.petfinders, com and see how many dogs in your area will be slaughtered for lack of homes. If you must continue to breed, at least pick up a book such as Successful Dog Breeding, by Chris Walkowicz, DMV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Puppies/Dogs Pooping in their crates [ 10 Answers ]

I have been a dog owner for many years :p and I would like to just ask one question. Why do dog owners continue to tell new dog owners that puppies do not poop in their crate? :mad: Puppies poop where ever they please until you teach them otherwise. They are not trained or born to know not to....

Am I feeding my baby too much? [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 months today. I am still breastfeeding at least 5 times a day and she is also on solids. Since she has been 6 months, she eats 3 meals a day of solids. She normally has at least two Stage 2 jars plus small amount of cereal at each feeding (most of the time). Many times she acts...

Feeding 2 week old puppies! [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, Are beagle had puppies just about 2 weeks ago, 2 really good size a 1 a runt. We have been bottle feeding them since the first day , cause are beagle had a C-secntion and we did not want to put her more pain.. I was wondering at what age can they drink/eat on there own... AND

Feeding 2 dashchund puppies [ 6 Answers ]

:D We just got two 8 weeks old brother and sister doxies, I'm a little confused as to how much to feed them. The breeder said to feed them two times a day, but I didn't catch how much and she is out of town for a week. We are feeding them Purina Puppy Chow and a little Avoderm. This is what the...

View more questions Search